Couture Responds to Seagal NHB Challenge

A while back, retired legend Randy Couture joked that the only way he’d come out of retirement for would be if the UFC offered him a fight against Steven Seagal. Let us repeat that: It was a joke.

Couture is a four-time Olympic alternate in Greco Roman wrestling and one of only two UFC fighters in history to hold world championships in two different divisions. Seagal is an actor and aikido master whose success in real fights is officially undocumented, although his on-set altercations have become the stuff of pants-crapping legend.

The action star has hung around the best fighter in the world, Anderson Silva, for the past few years, however, all the while claiming to coach Silva. It has been hilarious to observe, and Couture’s joke about fighting Seagal clearly played on Seagal’s many audacious claims about his own fighting and coaching abilities while passing himself off as an MMA expert.

Predictably, Seagal didn’t see Couture’s tongue-in-cheek statement as such during a recent interview on The MMA Hour. “I always thought that Randy was my friend and a gentleman. I’m kind of confused as to why he would say that,” Seagal said on the show.

“All I can say is, I’m here. Anybody can find me anytime and anyplace. If Randy really wants to fight me, he can fight me anytime he wants. It’ll be for free, and it’ll be some place where there are no witnesses.” When asked if this hypothetical match would take place under MMA rules, Seagal told Ariel Helwani, “I don’t play by rules. That’s not how I fight.”

Since Seagal’s poor self awareness and lack of humor allowed for him to talk about him fighting Couture as a real possibility, we thought it would be fun to give “Captain America” a call and get his reaction to it all.

READ MORE

Rip handy Phone Post

please go show up at his gym, randy!

Ppv numbers through the roof.

Randy by anything he wants. Actually I doubt Seagal would fight.

Lmao....I'd pay money to see that.....wouldn't it be crazy if Seagal actually does some of his crazy movie shit and breaks randy"s wrists? Haha Phone Post

Russianorkhan - 

Lmao....I'd pay money to see that.....wouldn't it be crazy if Seagal actually does some of his crazy movie shit and breaks randy"s wrists? Haha Phone Post

I don't imagine that Randy would need fully functioning wrists to beat Seagal. He didn't need two functioning arms to beat Gabriel Gonzaga...

Haha "it could happen organically I suppose" nice choice of words Randy Phone Post

What did he mean when he said, "It could happen organically"? I've never heard that expression before.

Randy via murder, death, kill

Is this real life?

Harmon Whistler - What did he mean when he said, "It could happen organically"? I've never heard that expression before.

It means Randy won't seek him out just to fight, but if they happen to bump into each other at a bar or club... it's on.

Hi Elias!

Seagal (in effect): Come to me bro

Randy (in effect): We'll see

Randy is such a bad mother fucker. Segal would be killed Phone Post

Warriormmd - 

Haha "it could happen organically I suppose" nice choice of words Randy Phone Post

He had me rolling in laughter with that one

Warriormmd - Haha "it could happen organically I suppose" nice choice of words Randy Phone Post

This is what got me. What a badass thing to say lol Phone Post

Warriormmd - 

actually, as someone who just scored in the 97th percentile of the GRE verbal section, I have no idea what the hell that means so I wouldn't call that a "nice choice of words". Just in case I was missing something I looked up organically on dictionary.com. The closest conceivable defintion that could make Randy's statement make any kind of sense is "organically"'s 7th most common meaning, "naturally", i.e. "it could happen naturally I suppose." This still doesn't make much sense, since Randy would have to take volitional action to actually arrange where to show up (and to show up) somewhere where there are no witnesses. Is Randy "dick-tucking" to Sensei Seagal's response to his challenge? If I'm missing something, someone please let me know.

"organically" - defintions below:

organic (????æn?k)

-- adj

of, relating to, derived from, or characteristic of living plants and animals

of or relating to animal or plant constituents or products having a carbon basis

of or relating to one or more organs of an animal or plant

Compare inorganic of, relating to, or belonging to the class of chemical compounds that are formed from carbon: an organic compound

constitutional in the structure of something; fundamental; integral

of or characterized by the coordination of integral parts; organized

developing naturally: organic change through positive education

of or relating to the essential constitutional laws regulating the government of a state: organic law

of, relating to, or grown with the use of fertilizers or pesticides deriving from animal or vegetable matter, rather than from chemicals

-- n

any substance, such as a fertilizer or pesticide, that is derived from animal or vegetable matter

organic food collectively

I bet Seagal bites Randy's carotid and he bleeds out right there on the ppv

Yep. When you are a badass you don't have to use words to intimidate.

NO WITNESSES