Couture Returning Article

I just can't handle randy losing to tim so I'm still praying this is not true.

Randy lost to Chuck by KO, JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER LHW that has faced Chuck has done.  Why does everyone think that means Randy is washed up?  When he announced his retirement, I was very diappointed.......... 'cause other than Chuck, there is NOBODY at 205 that can take him.  (I think he'd spank Silva on the ass just like he did Tito).

In the HW division, Randy had trouble with highly skilled grapplers that vastly outweighed him (Barnett and Ricco).  And Chuck's superb takedown defense played a huge part in defeating Randy - because Chuck too is a highly skilled grappler. 

Sylvia's style on the other hand is tailor-made for the Natural.  Big Tim's SIZE is the ONLY thing that might give Randy a problem......... but then again, Tim hasn't faced many people as quick as Randy Couture, either.

Gonna be a good fight, I'm sure.  AND I'll bet that Randy gets a HUGE payday for this.  He's still one of the most recognizable draws in the UFC.

Man, will the BULLSHIT ever end?

NOT GOOD

hmmmm i will be pulling for randy, i just hpe he can handle that weight...

This just makes me so sad. As a hardcore boxing fan for twenty-five years before MMA, I learned the hard way that when a guys time is done in combat sports- ITS DONE, and too many guys seem to stick around and perpetuate the same sad staory. I hoped Randy wouldnt be one those guys, but I guess he is.

I'm a huge Randy fan and I am having a hard time getting excited about this fight...I wish Randy would stay retired

even if randy does take the belt, then chuck can just move up and be the first to hold 2 belts at the same time......until cro cop comes to his shot of course.

Randy coming back feels exactly the same way as his last comeback though. Ufc needed someone to fight for the title because tito wouldnt fight chuck due to contract disputes, randy came back at a different weight and was the underdog, he now returns under the same circumstances, this time vera has a contract dispute, they turn to randy to fill in and help out and in manys eyes yet again the underdog. Randys the man.

randy will win. i cant believe how many people think sylvia will easily beat him..

I am really surprised that so many are giving Randy little or no chance of winning.  Randy lost two of his last three fights, and all of a sudden, he doesn't have it anymore?  The two losses were to Chuck Liddell, who has dominated Tito twice.  Tito is #2 LHWT in the UFC, and he did not do much better than Randy.  Randy took Chuck down twice in their last fight.  I think he just had the wrong strategy.  He did not really go for his takedowns until he was hurt.  It was a bad decision, but not something that he cannot correct.  Against MVA, he was unable to train properly for the fight because of staph infection, and he still dominated the fight. 

Have you forgotten that many people thought Randy was washed up after suffering back to back losses to Barnett and Rodriguez, and few people gave him any shot against Chuck?   Yet Randy was about to prove why is one of the best ever in the sport by destroying Liddell and dominating Ortiz.  I think a lot of people are making the same mistake this time.  I think Randy will have little trouble putting Sylvia on his back, and will pound the snot out of him.

It's epic...  In one corner a huge troll fresh out from under the bridge , giant wooden club in hand.  In the other corner an aging knight in faded armor and a worn sword that has splt much blood from many battles, who feels he has one more crusade in him...  A compelling tale. 

But what if...  What if that knight kills that giant troll...  What if he gives it his all and pulls victory...  Is that not the ending we all want for Randy?  It would be the greatest victory of his career yet.

Then he could retire... a champion, a warrior, a legend, leaving the HW title vacant and up for grabs... 

Will it be crocop... will Tim get it back...  Arlovski....  It would then be an even playing field and a much more interesting division.  All HW's in pursuit of the belt at the same time.   King of the Mountain.

Randy..  Get 'er Done.

How funny would it be if this was NOT the announcement.

After all this bickering, that would suck

Lets go Randy!!!!!