Couture Wants to Be the First to Submit Nogueira

http://mma.fanhouse.com/2009/08/17/randy-couture-on-nogueira-lesnar-and-how-long-hell-fight/

Couture_medium

I have to be attentive on the ground, but I think working with Neil Melanson, I've come up with ways to control the submission game, and I think if we go to the ground, I can be on the top or bottom and I'll be fine -- I think I can win the fight there. How cool would it be to submit Nogueira? Beating him on the ground would be an accomplishment.

Nope. If he is on the bottom or tries to get into a submission match with Nog he is fucked.

I soo hope Nogeira submit him!!!

3 years ago, Couture was avoiding the fight like crazy and now that Nogeira has been beat by Mir and look like his former self, couture speak about submitting him?? WTF??!! I hate this dude!

Nog in his prime would have played with Couture standing (great boxing) and on the ground (sweeping Couture like a baby and submitting him easily)

jujubre - I soo hope Nogeira submit him!!!

3 years ago, Couture was avoiding the fight like crazy and now that Nogeira has been beat by Mir and look like his former self, couture speak about submitting him?? WTF??!! I hate this dude!

Nog in his prime would have played with Couture standing (great boxing) and on the ground (sweeping Couture like a baby and submitting him easily)

On bottom, Nog would walk through his guard and sub him.

randy didnt say thats his gameplan

Nog has the bad head movement, they guy needs to move his head more and stop blocking punches with his face!!!

yeah, I'd like to be the first to submit him too...and I'm just as likely to as Handy.

I like Randy and all, but if he submits Nog, I will shit blue cornflakes.

Hard to believe that Randy is over 10 years older than Nog.

WANT'S and GET'S are two totally different things!

get up Randy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

must just be trying to get into his head or something, Randy wins all his fights by submission... not.  I can't even remember Randy submitting someone other than getting a choke.

I would love to see Nog choke Couture out cold, but I'm afraid that Zombie Nog will show up again and get pounded into the living death.

Randy by Anaconda would be worse than Gonzaga by high kick.

bullson - Nope. If he is on the bottom or tries to get into a submission match with Nog he is fucked.

what are Neil Melanson's credentials?

If Jacare couldn't sub Randy, Nog, won't.

Couture has subbed 2 guys in his entire career: Tony Halme in his only mma fight and Van Ardsdale, who has been subbed in his last four.

Nog has subbed 19.