Couture Wants to Be the First to Submit Nogueira

If Jacare couldn't sub Randy, Nog, won't.

Couture has subbed 2 guys in his entire career: Tony Halme in his only mma fight and Van Ardsdale, who has been subbed in his last four.

Nog has subbed 19.

Dougie - If Jacare couldn't sub Randy, Nog, won't.

Poor comparison, imo. Jacare is 50 pounds lighter than Nog and that wasn't even an MMA match.

Granted, Randy is tough as fuck to submit but Nog is one of the few HWs with the skills to do it.

I hope Randy comes out and fucking destroys NOG.  No pun intended but I'm a Randy fan much more than Nog,  Although I don;t see Randy submitting him, I see UFC 43 all over again for some reason. WAR Randy!

As much as I love Nog, I think this fight is going to the cards and Couture will win it there.

I hope I'm wrong and Nog pulls off a sub, though. I will go absolutely ape shit if this happens.

sparkuri -  Vitor almost got'em with the armbar in thier third. Either way, Couture's goin down, and that sucks, cuz I wanted to see him beat Brock first.

When he almost his that armbar, I jumped out of my seat faster than Joe Silva did when Jon Jones hit that spinning elbow on Bonnar. I swear, me and 3 friends were the only people rooting for Vitor in that arena. That fight sucked though...49 would've probably been my UFC of all time if the main event wasn't a snoozefest.

I hope he does a better job preparing himself for this fight than he did Gina for hers.

Rickson's Aura - I'm a fan of Nogueira, but even if he had staph against Mir, he still did not look great against Sylvia and Herring. Was it the increase in weight? I don't know. Nog looks to be past his prime, so Couture wins this either by decision or even TKO considering Mir of all people did it. I think Nogueira would have beaten Randy in Pride or RINGs. If you look at their records, Nog has wins over many of the guys Randy has lost to. Randy has gotten better and Nog doesn't seem to be the same fighter.

Good post. This is basically what I was going to say, because Nog has been looking heavier and slower in each of his last three fights.

It's sad to see, especially since he's not even that old.

RyannVonDoom -  LOL good fucking luck.

This

if he plays the sub game then Handy will get subbed

As a Nog fan, I fully support Randy's decision to trade submissions with Minotauro =)

TTT

he will not attempt 1 single sub on nog

I would like to be the first to submit nog as well, but what we would like and what happens can be very different things. That's not to say Randy won't win, but in my opinion if he does it will be by decision.

He said how cool would it be to be the first to sub Nog. It would be cool. What's wrong in saying that? Randy is a better all-around fighter than Nog. Nog's only chance is his bjj and with Randy being the superior boxer, I don't see why the fight would even go to the ground.

Randy getting subbed by armbar was years upon years ago. I'm guessing he got better since then. And if rolling with Jacare and not getting subbed isn't an indication of your level in bjj, what the fuck is?

Dan Henderson gave Nog fits the last time they fought in Pride. Randy isn't as good as Hendo pound for pound but he  could make a fight of it.

WrestlingSucks - He said how cool would it be to be the first to sub Nog. It would be cool. What's wrong in saying that? Randy is a better all-around fighter than Nog. Nog's only chance is his bjj and with Randy being the superior boxer, I don't see why the fight would even go to the ground.

Randy getting subbed by armbar was years upon years ago. I'm guessing he got better since then. And if rolling with Jacare and not getting subbed isn't an indication of your level in bjj, what the fuck is?

Thank you, serious reading comprehension issues all the time here.

el oh el

WrestlingSucks - He said how cool would it be to be the first to sub Nog. It would be cool. What's wrong in saying that? Randy is a better all-around fighter than Nog. Nog's only chance is his bjj and with Randy being the superior boxer, I don't see why the fight would even go to the ground.

did you watch Nogeira when he was in his prime in Pride? lol Couture being the superior boxer.

nog is punch drunk now but no way does randy tap him or choke him out