Couture Wants to Be the First to Submit Nogueira

Steamfitter -  Dan Henderson gave Nog fits the last time they fought in Pride. Randy isn't as good as Hendo pound for pound but he  could make a fight of it.

...I don't remember Henderson giving Nog 'fits' in that fight. It was competitive for the first few minutes, then Hendo ended up submitting to an armbar in round one if I recall correctly.

jakeH - what are Neil Melanson's credentials?

teaches at xtreme couture and has couple books.

If Nog really is back to 230 pounds and is injury free then he will tool Randy

Gonzaga was beating his ass but the problem is Gonzaga quits when things get tough, once his nose got broke, he basically gave up. Noguiera would have kept coming after him

Randy has never done well against big guys with good submissions. Ricco broke his eyesocket, Josh beat him down

Nog would eventually sweep him and finish him

Nog by triangel

no facking way this happens

dentalninja - 
Steamfitter -  Dan Henderson gave Nog fits the last time they fought in Pride. Randy isn't as good as Hendo pound for pound but he  could make a fight of it.

...I don't remember Henderson giving Nog 'fits' in that fight. It was competitive for the first few minutes, then Hendo ended up submitting to an armbar in round one if I recall correctly.
You are corrrect that the fight went 1 rounds. Hendo was submitted @ 1:49 round 1. Back in the day pride had one ten minute round and 2 five minute rounds.

"Gonzaga was taking it to him? Gonzaga was losing before his nose broke, are you stupid?"

Koskeshe kire khar savar, harfe dahaneto befahm

Gonzaga broke Randys arm with a highkick before he got his nose broken. Then after getting slammed he wobbled Randy with a right hand. After that he quit like he always does. Nog doesnt quit

"Ricco fight was a long time ago."

So what, its not like Randy has beaten more guys like Ricco after that. Its relevant because he has yet to show he can defeat a champion caliber big HW grappler. And no Gonzaga does not fit into that description. His career consists of one great win

"Josh Barnett is a roided cheater who would not win off the juice."

LOL @ the excuses. Barnett straight out beat his ass

in conclusion, Randy has a 16-9 record and a losing record against HW grapplers. His claim to fame of beating them consists of headbutting open a cut to Vitor Belfort who has never really been known for his dangerous groundgame but still almost armbarred Randy. And beating journeyman Gabriel Gonzaga whos only real win was KOing Crocop

Oh i forgot about stalling to a draw against 185 pounds Jacare in a grappling match put together by his buddy Rico C that had questionable rules

Randy cannot submit Nog....

I think Nog's best days are long gone. Although it wouldn't surprise me if he catches Randy, I just don't see it happening. 5 years ago would have been a much different story.

Nog's boxing might be superior if you're talking about his outside game. However none of that will matter when Randy is constantly tying him up and dirty boxing him to death. Randy's inside boxing game is among the best in MMA history.

Can he submit Nog? Anything is possible, especially if he can hurt Nog first. Mir submitted Roberto Traven because he was only 1/2 awake at the time. It's hard to get a fluke-ish submission (compared to a KO) but a lesser submission fighter can get one.

Only way Randy subs Nog is if he's so stunned from punches he gives up his back. I'm hopeing this turns into a war similar to the Randy vs Pedro Rizzo first fight.

Fight should be 25 mins.

JimmersonzGlove -  Fight should be 25 mins.

This.
Just like Serra/Hughes shouldve been.

I think Nog will be back in form and make a mess of Randy

Nog's boxing is not superior to Randy's. He has a decent jab but is slow with no footwork. In his Pride days when nobody could box, he looked better than average but in the UFC his boxing has looked bad.

If Randy works on kneebar setups, there may be a good chance ...