Covaxin, A Traditional COVID Vaccine Option

https://www.businesstoday.in/sectors/pharma/covid-19-vaccine-biopharma-firm-ocugen-seeks-to-sell-100-mn-doses-of-covaxin-in-us/story/433959.html

Looking like this might become available in America in the next couple of months.

It's a traditional vaccine made with inactive virus. Only one I know of.

I've seen most say your main issue with vaccines is trying untested mRNA or adenovirus solutions, I'm one of those people, ...... well, this doesn't have those issues.

If available, would the OG take Covaxin or another traditional vaccine?

trad. inactivated virus is better, but i wouldn't trust this

i would not be surprised if they gave a "conspiracy theorist" option

they know the conspiracy people don't trust the mRNA.

none of us know what's really in these things.

1 Like

My issue is I’m not taking any medication or vaccine for anything as benign as covid. My entire household had covid and I’ve been much, much sicker two different times with the flu. If you don’t already have one and a half feet in the grave covid isn’t a big deal. The reason so many people die from it is because they are super unhealthy and would’ve died from any illness. Covid is just new and more contagious. Everyone has acted like a retard about covid and the medical community takes their marching orders from big pharma. This has all been a power/money grab. It is the largest bottom up redistribution of wealth in the history of the world. The super elites have taken everything and have the retards squabbling about whether or not 400k per year is wealthy lmfao. It’s the exact same play as having retards call everything racist. 

8 Likes

Big no for me dawg, I'll leave my vaccine for people that depend on others for their health and well being. 

2 Likes

I will never understand for the life of me, how conspiracy theorists can think that it's safer to inject an actual virus rather than an inert chunk of the virus. If you're that afraid of nucleic acid based vaccines then I'd expect you to want to wait for recombinant protein vaccines like we have for Shingrix or Influenza.

2 Likes
BZtown10 -

Big no for me dawg, I'll leave my vaccine for people that depend on others for their health and well being. 

"for people that depend on others for their health and well being."

... So since you've never depended on others for your health you've never seen a doctor or been to a clinic or hospital of any kind? Holy shit, you're even battier than I thought lol

MattyECB - 

I will never understand for the life of me, how conspiracy theorists can think that it's safer to inject an actual virus rather than an inert chunk of the virus. If you're that afraid of nucleic acid based vaccines then I'd expect you to want to wait for recombinant protein vaccines like we have for Shingrix or Influenza.

Shingrix side effects were rough!

Yes we need this vaccine! Tradional vaccine like the old polio vaccine, which is given to babies. Very safe and effective against more than just the spike protein, which will be better suited against variants. This is also cheaper than other vaccines and can be stored in a normal refrigerator. 

Buy ocgn stock. This company is bringing Covaxin to the US market. Easy money! 

pjwoo -

Buy ocgn stock. This company is bringing Covaxin to the US market. Easy money! 

Word is getting out.  We gon be rich, my ninja!

2 Likes
MattyECB -
BZtown10 -

... So since you've never depended on others for your health you've never seen a doctor or been to a clinic or hospital of any kind? Holy shit, you're even battier than I thought lol

Nope is that hard to believe?   I did a physical for work that's about it.  Perfectly healthy.  No meds for me. 

Yep, lots of options for vaccinations coming out, and every one of them will be a better option than gaining immunity through contracting Covid-19.

The chance of long-term side effects from Covid-19 are orders of magnitude higher than any vaccine.

jbc - 

Yep, lots of options for vaccinations coming out, and every one of them will be a better option than gaining immunity through contracting Covid-19.

The chance of long-term side effects from Covid-19 are orders of magnitude higher than any vaccine.

An order of magnitude is an approximation of the logarithm of a value relative to some contextually understood reference value, usually ten, interpreted as the base of the logarithm and the representative of values of magnitude one. Logarithmic distributions are common in nature and considering the order of magnitude of values sampled from such a distribution can be more intuitive. When the reference value is ten, the order of magnitude can be understood as the number of digits in the base-10 representation of the value. Similarly, if the reference value is one of certain powers of two, the magnitude can be understood as the amount of computer memory needed to store the exact integer value.

1 Like
MattyECB -
BZtown10 -

Lol you can't take care of yourself?  What do you run to the doctors for? 

MMA Playwright -
jbc - 

An order of magnitude is an approximation of the logarithm of a value relative to some contextually understood reference value, usually ten, interpreted as the base of the logarithm and the representative of values of magnitude one. Logarithmic distributions are common in nature and considering the order of magnitude of values sampled from such a distribution can be more intuitive. When the reference value is ten, the order of magnitude can be understood as the number of digits in the base-10 representation of the value. Similarly, if the reference value is one of certain powers of two, the magnitude can be understood as the amount of computer memory needed to store the exact integer value.

Recent JAMA data shows long-term sequelae from Covid-19 infection exist in close to 10% of infected individuals (the so-called long-haulers). See https://health.ucdavis.edu/coronavirus/covid-19-information/covid-19-long-haulers.html

Vaccination adverse event data is being collected across all jurisdictions, and is tabulated as to whether the events are serious or not.  If you look at recent data from Ontario as an example, 18 out of 1.16 million doses were considered serious, and four required hospitalization. See https://www.publichealthontario.ca/-/media/documents/ncov/epi/covid-19-aefi-report.pdf?la=en.  

So, if you compare 10% to 18/1.16 million (which is 0.0016%), then the chance of serious side effects of Covid19 is around 6,400 times greater than from a vaccine.  That’s nearly 4 orders of magnitude (3.8 to be exact).

1 Like

Ttt. Buy ocgn stock. Get rich and help end the pandemic! 

I think I would take this one.

If I ever HAVE to, this type would be it.

RonaldRaygun -

https://www.businesstoday.in/sectors/pharma/covid-19-vaccine-biopharma-firm-ocugen-seeks-to-sell-100-mn-doses-of-covaxin-in-us/story/433959.html

Looking like this might become available in America in the next couple of months.

It's a traditional vaccine made with inactive virus. Only one I know of.

I've seen most say your main issue with vaccines is trying untested mRNA or adenovirus solutions, I'm one of those people, ...... well, this doesn't have those issues.

If available, would the OG take Covaxin or another traditional vaccine?

made in India? forget it

This has potential