Covid and politics. Left vs right I have questions

Hate to do this, can you guys tell me what each side is doing in the politacal arena with this? Let's rule out the uncertainties of the virus and whats being done or should be. Everyone agrees things have to get moving forward, just when.

This is what i have picked up here

Republicans - 

Want Economy going again. Makes sense

Want everyone to die. Not sure thats a plan

Thats all i have there

Democrats -

Want to stay locked down to ruin economy more? Why? To help with elections? Who will say Trump fucked up the economy with all this happening?

Keep people locked down to cheat in November? 

Start the universal basic income? 

Government as a whole -

Tyranny, control and whatever else. Not sure what the end game is

Im not political, and i guess not too smart, i dont understand the reasoning for some of this stuff.

"Want to stay locked down to ruin economy more? Why? To help with elections?"

Ummm yeah, a dumpster fire economy with a 30% or more unemployment rate never bodes well for an incumbent President.

"Who will say Trump fucked up the economy with all this happening?"

Is this a serious question? Not only will they blame him for the economy, they will blame him for the whole thing,...they already have and do. The narrative for a while now is that he didn't do anything or act fast enough and that's why it's so "bad".

1 Like

CaptainWoody -

Ummm yeah, a dumpster fire economy with a 30% or more unemployment rate never bodes well for an incumbent President.

Is this a serious question? Not only will they blame him for the economy, they will blame him for the whole thing,...they already have and do. The narrative for a while now is that he didn't do anything or act fast enough and that's why it's so "bad".

Nailed it

for anyone who understands even on a basic level, how business and economy works, its painfully obvious that businesses can stay closed no longer.  

that is the truth of the issue and its irrefutable 

3 Likes

SpunQ -

Stupid .

Is that my opinion? or like i said, things i have seen with all the back and forth. So slow down and read, or did you just scan and looked to be offended and then act like a child? Ill vote you up now so you get all the attention you are looking for.

BigEyedFish -

for anyone who understands even on a basic level, how business and economy works, its painfully obvious that businesses can stay closed no longer.  

If you express this opinion on social media then you’ll be attacked by a shitload of people calling you a bloodthirsty psychopath...

1 Like

CaptainWoody -

I hear you, yes, people will say its bad and blame him but its not a policy of his that did it, it was a crazy never before seen thing. I dont know, maybe thats why i cant follow this stuff. Even if that is said do ypu think there are trump supportes who have "turned" or would be based on the handling of this or economy? I would think this just keeps everyone on the side they are on and they all sling their mud. I wouldnt think any are being swayed in either direction, do you?

BigEyedFish - 

During the 1918 Spanish Flu, cities with stronger lockdowns had better economies in the long run.

Because in the end, they were healthier, and a healthier population is more able to work and see economic activity.

When the pandemic was raging in cities with shorter/less strict lockdowns, businesses suffered anyway because people were sick/afraid to go out.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8210647/Study-suggests-lockdowns-economic-damage-alternative.html

sanguine cynic -
BigEyedFish - 

During the 1918 Spanish Flu, cities with stronger lockdowns had better economies in the long run.

Because in the end, they were healthier, and a healthier population is more able to work and see economic activity.

When the pandemic was raging in cities with shorter/less strict lockdowns, businesses suffered anyway because people were sick/afraid to go out.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8210647/Study-suggests-lockdowns-economic-damage-alternative.html

The study offers several caveats to the findings. The first is that the U.S. economic situation in 1918 was overall very different than it is today, as the country was just emerging from World War I.

As well, they add: 'The complex nature of modern global supply chains, the larger role of services, and improvements in communication technology are mechanisms we cannot capture in our analysis, but these are important factors for understanding the macroeconomic effects of COVID-19.'

And as Ars Technica reporter Cathleen O'Grady notes, cities that responded faster in 1918 tended to be farther west, and had warning as they watched the outbreak unfold on the East Coast. 

Stu Cazzo - 
sanguine cynic -
BigEyedFish - 

The study offers several caveats to the findings. The first is that the U.S. economic situation in 1918 was overall very different than it is today, as the country was just emerging from World War I.

As well, they add: 'The complex nature of modern global supply chains, the larger role of services, and improvements in communication technology are mechanisms we cannot capture in our analysis, but these are important factors for understanding the macroeconomic effects of COVID-19.'

And as Ars Technica reporter Cathleen O'Grady notes, cities that responded faster in 1918 tended to be farther west, and had warning as they watched the outbreak unfold on the East Coast. 

Sure, but let's look at a modern example. China.

China went HARD with their lockdown. Pandemic is over. Now the country is up and running again.

CaptainWoody -

This

I dont believe a single word that comes out of china 

1 Like

sanguine cynic -
Stu Cazzo - 
sanguine cynic -
BigEyedFish - 

Sure, but let's look at a modern example. China.

China went HARD with their lockdown. Pandemic is over. Now the country is up and running again.

You’re cool with me coming to your house and making it impossible for you to get out...?  

The Trump cult want the economy to open like sports fans of a failing franchise want a big deadline trade to squeeze into the playoffs. It's pure desperation and blind hope after years of mismanagement.

Handling the virus like other functioning executive branches is too hard for half-wit Donnie, so they're going to pretend the virus is fake, it's not that big of a deal anyway, the media is faking death rates, tests don't help (yet WH staff get tested constantly), China created the virus so its their fault, masks make the virus look real so lets not be photographed in them, etc.

Basically, they want it to just go away, so they're going to pretend it did, and then blame democrats for everything that went wrong.

1 Like

mdmrules - The Trump cult want the economy to open like sports fans of a failing franchise want a big deadline trade to squeeze into the playoffs. It's pure desperation and blind hope after years of mismanagement.

Handling the virus like other functioning executive branches is too hard for half-wit Donnie, so they're going to pretend the virus is fake, it's not that big of a deal anyway, the media is faking death rates, tests don't help (yet WH staff get tested constantly), China created the virus so its their fault, masks make the virus look real so lets not be photographed in them, etc.

Basically, they want it to just go away, so they're going to pretend it did, and then blame democrats for everything that went wrong.

Lol. Nearly none of this is true, accurate, or stated in good faith 

1 Like

Stu Cazzo - 
BigEyedFish -

If you express this opinion on social media then you’ll be attacked by a shitload of people calling you a bloodthirsty psychopath...

oh absolutely.   I never post anything controversial on FB because Im a local business owner...

But I come on here and act like an asshole day in and day out to get it out of my system  :D 

“The Trump cult want the economy to open like sports fans of a failing franchise want a big deadline trade to squeeze into the playoffs. It's pure desperation and blind hope after years of mismanagement.”

This is a perfect example of a lefty making this virus about the election....right on fucking que.

Stu Cazzo - 

“The Trump cult want the economy to open like sports fans of a failing franchise want a big deadline trade to squeeze into the playoffs. It's pure desperation and blind hope after years of mismanagement.”

This is a perfect example of a lefty making this virus about the election....right on fucking que.

honestly, theyre just stupid

people who have no idea how businesses work and orangemanbad

seriously, just stupid 

1 Like

cycklops - 
mdmrules - The Trump cult want the economy to open like sports fans of a failing franchise want a big deadline trade to squeeze into the playoffs. It's pure desperation and blind hope after years of mismanagement.

Lol. Nearly none of this is true, accurate, or stated in good faith 

Those are literally all things that Trump and his cult of morons have been saying this entire time. Maybe the problem is that you are in the cult and don't it.

"COVID isn't a really a big deal", "only old people will die", "the number infections are going to be 0 soon", "the media and dems are making this into a big hoax", but also "the media always downplayed it while Trump got it right from the start", "China made it so this is their fault", "American workers are warriors and some will have to die for the economy", etc.

These are real things that Trump and his tard cult have said, and keep saying. All of it total bullshit.

1 Like

BigEyedFish - 
Stu Cazzo - 

honestly, theyre just stupid

people who have no idea how businesses work and orangemanbad

seriously, just stupid 

So let me get this straight, by pointing out that Trump and his team are doing almost nothing to manage the virus the way other nations are, and have really only openly worried about the economy, which was the big thing he was going to run on in November, it's the boogeyman "LEFT" that want to make this "political"?

Is that seriously what you tell yourselves?

Trump ISN'T making it political, but the people pointing out his obvious strategy here are making it political?

Fuck man, the Trump cult is full of the dumbest people alive.

1 Like