COVID Vaccine Perfectly Safe! People Getting Auto-Immune Disease Guillain-Barré Syndrome!

It’s a laxative so it should make you shit even without being allergic.

1 Like

2 Likes

Laugh It Up Harrison Ford GIF by Star Wars

1 Like

it also means they were wrong

Covid causes limp dick. That was enough for me to vax.

1 Like

But now, he uses a cane or walker to get around and takes several medications for nerve pain to help manage Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS)

Post vaccine stress disorder.

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree more about the mandatory aspect and the ridiculousness of wasting political and policy capital on heavy handed measures, but as everyone on here probably knows by now, the calculus is pretty straightforward.

1. You can get immunity from a vaccine or an infection
  2. Immunity wanes and will be less effective the further away a new infecting strain is from the original strain that caused immunity, whether that original strain was modelled in a vaccine or naturally occuring
  3. If the risks of adverse events are lower in the vaccine path to immunity vs. the natural path to immunity, then they will recommend the vaccine path.

IIRC, the JNJ vaccine actually had GBS show up in trials, but it was exactly one case in the vaccine arm and one case in the placebo arm. There have also been a number of case studies published where people have been paralyzed with GBS after natural COVID infection, but no one has actually compared the rates of GBS across each method directly, so this will be interesting to follow.

I think there’s been about 13e9 vaccine doses administered, so 1/13e9 is about one case for every 130 million doses, which is pretty in line with flu infection GBS and flu vaccine GBS. But it’s also relevant that JNJ is the least popular vaccine, that more adverse events seem to associate with DNA vs. mRNA vaccines, and that the total amount of JNJ doses administered could be small enough that that number isn’t great.

If it stays in the 1 in 1-10million range then it’s more or less in line with most infections and legacy vaccines, so it won’t cause much of a furor. However, it is interesting no one has directly compared the rates yet, since that should be available publicly. Probably some undue influence and pressure there.

1 Like