Covid Viral Load Implications on Bjj

There is speculation by researcher that the initial quantity of viral particles (viral load) that someone is exposed to correlated with the severity of their symptoms. If this is true then the implication would be that activities like BJJ where you could be heavily breathing particles into your partner for an extended time could be particularly harmful. Anyone know more about wether this is a legit concert or not?

You are correct that this is a legit concern.  It seems to include the proximity, duration, and frequency of exposure.  

So if, for example, you live with your spouse and they contract it, the more time you spend in close contact with them, the more likely (and more severely) you will get it.  

This suggests that wrassling with someone will indeed give you a hefty dose of their cooties. 

twinkletoesCT -

You are correct that this is a legit concern.  It seems to include the proximity, duration, and frequency of exposure.  

So if, for example, you live with your spouse and they contract it, the more time you spend in close contact with them, the more likely (and more severely) you will get it.  

This suggests that wrassling with someone will indeed give you a hefty dose of their cooties. 

That’s a good point. A lot of people probably get massive amounts of viral load from making out with an infected partner. I guess BJJ can’t be any more dangerous than that. 

Taekwondo, boys. The new safer way to train. You never need to get close to your opponent. 

1 Like
Fast Pitch -

Taekwondo, boys. The new safer way to train. You never need to get close to your opponent. 

I would sign up for tkd tomorrow if it was open 

Bot - 

There is speculation by researcher that the initial quantity of viral particles (viral load) that someone is exposed to correlated with the severity of their symptoms. If this is true then the implication would be that activities like BJJ where you could be heavily breathing particles into your partner for an extended time could be particularly harmful. Anyone know more about wether this is a legit concert or not?

Where is the research on this? I’d be very interested in reading it.

Hey beer man it’s all over the web. It you google “viral load covid 18”. You will get everything From legit research to hysterical, agenda-driven articles on the subject

pahulkster -
Fast Pitch -

I would sign up for tkd tomorrow if it was open 

There are online >

YourMomsBox -

Hey beer man it’s all over the web. It you google “viral load covid 18”. You will get everything From legit research to hysterical, agenda-driven articles on the subject

I can’t believe I’m talking to my mom’s box, but thanks.  

This is going to make bjj resemble sport sex. 

"Do you have papers?"

"Have you been tested recently?"

Lots of partners= potential of being infected

Are we practicing safe bjj or are you a dirty little slut?

How many partners have you had recently?

"Are you clean?"

When my barber texted me and told me he could make a house call and chop me up if I had protection it felt like I was going to be sexually abused, so I declined lol

Everything about this makes me feel like a dirty little whore of a boy. Like I'm a teenager again but instead of getting Chlamydia I'll be contracting covid

Hey Beer Man -
Bot - 

Where is the research on this? I’d be very interested in reading it.

You can google Corona severity viral load and a bunch of stuff comes up

Bot - 

"speculation" "if" ... It's amazing to me how much we don't know at this point.

I was just reading this morning about what we do and don't know so far, and they had to keep reminding everyone that this thing didn't exist 6 months ago.  We've learned a lot in a short period, but we still have a long way to go.