Cowboy NOT working with Duke Roufus for Conor

Donald Cerrone will be sticking with his typical training partners and cornermen for his big fight against Conor McGregor at UFC 246.

Not long after the fight between Cerrone (36-13 MMA, 23-10 UFC) and McGregor (21-4 MMA, 9-2 UFC) became official to headline the January event, noted coach Duke Roufus, who runs the Roufusport team in Milwaukee, claimed "Cowboy" would be coming to his gym for his portion of fight camp.

Although Roufus said the exact details had not been sorted, he indicated something was in the works to help Cerrone prepare. According to Cerrone, though, there's no truth behind that at all.

"Those reports are not accurate," Cerrone told MMA Junkie. "I'm not sure where that came. I heard it also. I'm like, 'Oh, I guess I'm going to Duke Roufus', huh?' It's just another clickbait from you guys. I love you media mother(expletives). Anything you guys can grasp your (expletive) hands on you'll do it."

Cerrone was informed that the news was not media generated, but rather picked up by various outlets because it "came from the horse's mouth" and Roufus said it himself. Cerrone said only one person has concrete information on his plans, and that's him.

"I'm the (expletive) horse," Cerrone said. "I say I'm going nowhere. Same old song and dance (for this training camp), baby."

Lost link on phone but I think it was MMA Mania

Lol at Roufus clout chasing trying to tack his name to this bout.

1 Like
Smilin like Rashad -

Lol at Roufus clout chasing trying to tack his name to this bout.

lol

SLR hitting the nail on the head.

Figured he was gonna cross train up there for a week and the media kind of ran with him camping there. 

that fight is going to look a lot like Fedor vs Rampage.