Coworkers find out you train/fight

My friends and co-works like to say how ghey wrestling with other men is, they also like to make katate kid type coments.... but nothing serious, they figure thats just what I am into...

Here is a funny story though... this guy used to work at my job, he was always running around saying how he won all these kickboxing tournies and stuff and how he was a black belt in Wing Chung...

Anyway, he finds out that I train and said he would spar with me if I wanted but he could not guarentee that I wouldn't get hurt... I told him that would be no problem BUT the only way I would spar is if it was video taped... All talks about sparring stopped right there...

that is what I usually do, request a tape... and most of the silly challanges seem to stop...

I'm not into this yet... working on it... but I'm still trying to figure out how I'll explain bruises working in the social work field. I do tkd right now so my bruises can mostly be covered. But I'm not sure what's worse... telling colleagues (not to mention clients) that you do this sort of thing for fun or not saying anything and letting them think my boyfriend's beating me up.

good post some funny shit...i have now learned that a warehouse jobs means underground fighting...lol.cool shit.

Most of the people I work w/watch boxing or K-1 on ESPN2. They think it's pretty cool, but other than that never really have any interest in it. My family is a different story they think I'm some type of ninja or tae bo instructor.

currently most of my co-workers are women or frat boys (same difference i guess) so i am never bothered or challenged.

however, about 4 years ago i went to a dentist and during the conversation he asked how i stayed in shape. i told him i trained submissions/nhb. he asked if it was like that 'ultimate fighting stuff with that slick little mexican guy that choked everyone out?'. i said yeah.

my dentist is 6'3 and 280. he is very strong and super intelligent. he asked in a very respectful way if i would be able to beat someone his size. I am 5'9 and was about 180 at the time. i said 'probably'.

he again, in a very respectful way, said he would like to see that. he was trying grasp how this would be done, not in a tough guy manner, but in a inquisitive way. he was genuinely interested to see what he would be succeptable to, if anything. to him this was just a way to see if this stuff was real. i agreed to let him come and train since he was so polite and friendly.

he showed up and i choked him out in about 30 seconds. he trained for about 6-9 months after that and he became a good friend. he had jammed his thumb one time and it affected his job, so he quit training. he didnt want to risk his livelyhood.

I try to keep my training secret.

Since I wear tights and a mask after work and go out fighting evil, I don't want anything that may lead the police to discover my secret identity. I know some guys on the force appreciate what I do, since we're both fighting evil and stuff, but that punk DA is really out to get me for "vigilantism" so it's been hard to armbar and choke out criminals with my having to watch my back for 5-0.

one time i got caught photocopying fliers. when my boss came into my office, he started reading it to me. "do not discuss fight club". then i told him that the best thing would be for him not to bring me every piece of trash he finds.

No challenges from the few who do know what I do, but they seem to have the impression I am a lot better than I am.

Usually not hard to explain what it is to coworkers, but then most military guys I have met are into UFC at least enough to ask "Does Gracie still fight?"

Supersonic: those were my jobs through college, I work in Flight operations/control. I never bothered telling people about my sport/hobby as it was way to hard to explain and usually raised more stupid questions then it's worth.

If you're in construction don't bother telling anyone. All you get for your trouble is a line going around the block of every 1/2 ass wrestler, boxer, tough guy, and kung fu man on the job trying to act like a hard ass. Not to mention everyone wanting to know the "crane Technique" at lunch....

Bj shall I invest in some reading comprehension classes for you, they were my college jobs. Hey aren't you from Pennsylvania, where at. I am in NYC now, but grew up in Wilkes-Barre.

I'm a bouncer. People look at you funny if you don't train.

But at the same time people like to fuck with Bouncers.

I never bring it up, but some how people find out. Partly because I'm in school and all things being equal there's a small group of people that all interact with each other at some point. Or I make a passing comment and 'word gets out.'

Reactions very. The lab I was working in had one girl that kept asking about 'ultimate fighting' and seemed either happy or joking, hard to tell.

Most people have never heard of, nor can they remember the name, BJJ. It's always karate, kung fu, or TKD. I say 'it's sort of like judo' but that's doesn't really help much.

And I've also meant people that react with horror/disguss because 'violence is wrong'. I was actually out on a date with a girl and we were talking about our hobbies and when I brought up BJJ/MMA she just had this sick look on her face 'violence is wrong, people hurting people is wrong, I can't understand why you would want to do that, etc. etc.' I mean it's like she thought I was a 'wife beater' or about to take her out or something :)

I have a lot of hobbies and I just don't bring them up unless something related comes up. No 'real' challenge matches to day...

I say don't even mention it. You'll get shit for it. Some even equate it to being a closet romo or some shit.

I find its better I don't talk about it---helps avoid stereotyping and annoying conversations.

Brett

Even when I did security, since most of the guys I worked with were ex-cops or fulltime security guys, I'd get crap like "those karate moves don't work". Maybe that'd upset me if I did karate. Everyone uneducated thinks that all MA = karate.

Funnier still is when people ask what class I'm going to and I say "judo," I get chop-socky noises and kia's in return.

"I was actually out on a date with a girl and we were talking about our hobbies and when I brought up BJJ/MMA she just had this sick look on her face 'violence is wrong, people hurting people is wrong, I can't understand why you would want to do that, etc. etc.' I mean it's like she thought I was a 'wife beater' or about to take her out or something :)"

Your real name wouldnt be Ricco Rodriguez would it?

I have never trained but i have put people to sleep with one punch,mixed with a little rum but i have.

I have met JHR and his wife and his 3 girlfriends and all of them confirm he is not 13 inches.