Crab cakes in Baltimore

I'm in Baltimore for the day near Johns Hopkins and I'm looking for great seafood. I'm told crab cakes are the way to go.

I'm looking for recommendations.

Much obliged! Phone Post 3.0

dude, my grandmother lives in Glen Burnie and there is a place called the Olive Tree with great Crabcakes. Kind of far form where you are at though. ask around. you should not have a problem finding a place

Hmmm... well first thing get out the Hopkins area, it gets rough once you step outside a one block radius. Go downtown, Bo Brooks is a standard. It's been a long time since I went dontown for food, but it's hard to mess up a crab cake anywhere here.

Capital grille or rusty scupper in the inner harbor. Take a taxi and be prepared to spend some dough but worth the money. Phone Post 3.0

You can't beat Fairley's in Lexington Market. Lexington market is basically an open air food, crack and gun market, but you are near Hopkins anyhow so not like it will be any worse.

Seriously, I tried every "best crab cake" place in Baltimore when I lived there and there is nothing remotely close to Faidley's.

Someone here also said capt James.
Anywhere else I should head after, that is a must see or do? Phone Post 3.0

baj54 - Capital grille or rusty scupper in the inner harbor. Take a taxi and be prepared to spend some dough but worth the money. Phone Post 3.0

CG is a chain you can get anywhere. Rusty Scrupper is very good but more known for their insane Sunday brunch than their crabcakes IMO. I do second it though if you just want a nice seafood restaurant that is kind of upscale.

Cojendo - Someone here also said capt James.

You can check out the touristy harbor area. There is a little Italy in Fells Point that is great. I'd personally go down to Federal Hill and hit up Mothers or another bar in that area for both good eats and drinks. Mothers has a great crab melt and great homemade ice cream too.

Depends what type of sight seeing you want to do? Fells point is nice and full of places to get your drink on. Go to max's Belgian ale house they have a crazy amount of great Belgian and craft beer on tap. While your there stop into "the horse you came in on" saloon. It's supposedly the last place Edgar allen Poe drank at before he died. Phone Post 3.0

Cojendo - Someone here also said capt James.

Fell's Point, if you like waterfront during the day, bar nightlife at night.
Canton, Federal Hill for bars/nightlife.
Camden Yards.
Inner Harbor- Science Center, Aquarium, nice views.
Hampden if you want to get kitschy.
Mt. Vernon, Walter's Art Gallery, BMA, Train Museum
if you have time to get out of the city there is so much to see and do.

Fells point got a nod by the locals here also. I gonna hit up the bars mentioned.

Funny enough, every time I drove towards Johns Hopkins, I had the urge to be carrying. Some rough areas around there. Phone Post 3.0

Crab cakes and football, that's what Maryland does!! Phone Post

G & M Restaurant & Lounge
804 N Hammonds Ferry Road
Linthicum Heights, Maryland 21090

http://gandmcrabcakes.com/

and don't forget to pick up some Berger Cookies

Cojendo - Fells point got a nod by the locals here also. I gonna hit up the bars mentioned.

Funny enough, every time I drove towards Johns Hopkins, I had the urge to be carrying. Some rough areas around there. Phone Post 3.0
Been working in fells point and the surrounding areas the last few weeks shit can get rough quick lol. Just take a seat at max's and enjoy the plethora of awesome beers on tap. There is a place called stubbys next door an they serve all types of supped up hotdogs and sausage. If you head toward the water there's this place next to this Irish joint that has great burgers. Phone Post 3.0

Khun Kao - G & M Restaurant & Lounge

This is hands down the winner.

I have a personal favorite, which is up in Harford County where I live, but G&M is the gold standard.

Fake Pie - You can't beat Fairley's in Lexington Market. Lexington market is basically an open air food, crack and gun market, but you are near Hopkins anyhow so not like it will be any worse.

Seriously, I tried every "best crab cake" place in Baltimore when I lived there and there is nothing remotely close to Faidley's.

I went there a few weeks ago on a trip to DC. Amazing seafood and best crab cakes ive ever had.

Rest of the market is an absolute shithole that isnt worth going to.

Actually I take that back there is the cookie place as well in there.

90% of that market is shit though.

smth416 - 
Fake Pie - You can't beat Fairley's in Lexington Market. Lexington market is basically an open air food, crack and gun market, but you are near Hopkins anyhow so not like it will be any worse.

I went there a few weeks ago on a trip to DC. Amazing seafood and best crab cakes ive ever had.

Rest of the market is an absolute shithole that isnt worth going to.

Actually there are some good cookies to be had at some places there too :) But generally, yeah.

LastDon - 
Khun Kao - G & M Restaurant & Lounge

This is hands down the winner.

I have a personal favorite, which is up in Harford County where I live, but G&M is the gold standard.

I'd heard this from so many folks when living in Baltimore so I went there... was not impressed. Didn't hold a candle to Faidley's and wasn't even top 5 for me. I've had chain places outside of MD with better crabcakes. Maybe there was something I just didn't like about the filling but no one else I was with was impressed either.