Cracked rib healing time?

A few months ago, I went to the gym for the first time in a long time and rolled- then sparred with a friend who had a fight coming up. Early on, I hurt my back, but kept going. During sparring I didn't take any crazy body shots or anything, but it still hurt in my mid-back/side. The right side of my back got very sore for a couple of weeks.

I then went to Thailand for a month and just relaxed the whole time. My back felt healed, but I didn't exercise just in case. A couple weeks after coming home, I was fucking around at work and batting balls in the park. My back started to hurt again. It has been radiating to the side and it the bottom rib area hurts really bad. This was about three weeks ago.

I used to box and have had bruised ribs in the past, but this seems worse. I have insurance, but it doesn't cover tests. I'm pretty sure I have a cracked rib though. How long can I expect this to last? I remember when I bruised them in the past there not being that much I could do, is there anything I can do to speed up recovery?

Buy some tussin or go to Dr. These are your only two choices.

I let the tussin soak in- it did nothing.

I very rarely go to doctors. I've actually been thinking of going. It really hurts and I've barely slept lately.

I hate this, it seems all the years of beating on my body has caught up to me the past couple of years. My wife nags me and tells me I have to stop pushing it, but in my head I'm still an athlete.

ttt