Craigslist scam?

I'm trying to sell a couch on craigslist for $200. A guy emails me about it, trusting the pictures and not coming to look at the couch, agrees to buy. Adds another 30 bucks for reserving it for him and offers movers fee. But he wants to pay with a check he's overnighting to me. No movers are gonna do anything until I receive the check but still sounds too good to be true. I have not received the check yet. Should come tomorrow.

I googled the email address and it brings up a website called scam book. I couldn't find anything specific that sound like what they're doing. I'm sending a scam bit not sure. What do you guys think?

Don't do it Phone Post

wait for the check to clear. Doesn't clear = no go , clears = go

LOL total scam

cash in person only

Cum all over the couch before they come get it. Phone Post

Scam. As for the check "clearing" that actually take 2-3 weeks not 3-5 days, even so....SCAM

Besides the couch, what more do I stand to lose if the check clears?

Scam. Phone Post 3.0

For fucks sake do not do this. It IS a scam. Do not do this. Do not do this. Do not do this.

Man you can't be this gullible, it is a complete scam. Whenever you sell on craigslist you shouldn't even except emails, text or phone calls only will eliminate 75% of scammers.

I repeat DO NOT DO THIS, IT IS A SCAM! Phone Post

alxholic - Besides the couch, what more do I stand to lose if the check clears?

Can almost guarantee you that the check you receive will be for more than he owes. He will tell you to cash it, and send the difference back with the movers. If you hesitate, he will tell you to take a little extra for yourself. Then you will find out the check is fake, it won't clear, and you will be on the hook for the money you got from the bank.

JudOWNED - 
alxholic - Besides the couch, what more do I stand to lose if the check clears?

Can almost guarantee you that the check you receive will be for more than he owes. He will tell you to cash it, and send the difference back with the movers. If you hesitate, he will tell you to take a little extra for yourself. Then you will find out the check is fake, it won't clear, and you will be on the hook for the money you got from the bank.

Exactly this. Then you're out a check and all kinds of bank fees

Right Hand JO Power - Cum all over the couch before they come get it. Phone Post

Fucking lol Phone Post

Update from OP? Phone Post

It's a scam Phone Post 3.0

I think the guy murdered him and stole his couch.

Craigslist how does it work? Don't we do this about once a week on here? Phone Post 3.0

In for the scam Phone Post 3.0