create your company or work for a company

what is the best?

I am not talking about the salary...

So imagine you would be winning the same salary...

what would be the best?

I am asking because right now I am working as an Export Area manager for a company in treatment water (I manage the sale for Africa so I travel all around the world) but I feel my life would be better if I was working for myself.

But maybe I am wrong as I have never worked for myself...

discuss

double post

same income? work for somebody else

billid - same income? work for somebody else

really? why?

less stress. let somebody else worry while I put in my 9-5.

You'll be working more hours and worried about work 7 days/week.

WhiskeyWithered - Would rather work for myself. Simply because if you make it a success, that would be a fantastic feeling. Phone Post 3.0

if there is potential for growth then it's worth it

MarsMan - 
billid - less stress. let somebody else worry while I put in my 9-5.

This is true. I had my own business and, despite feeling proud about it and not having to answer to anyone, it was a lot of work (including weekends) , with no vacations and sometimes, even operating at a loss.

It was worth it while I was making a lot of money, but not now compared to what I make and the perks I have. Phone Post 3.0

To be fair you have a fucking awesome job, tough, but awesome

jujubre, tried to PM you about the app you wanted but you're only accepting from friends

MarsMan - 
billid - less stress. let somebody else worry while I put in my 9-5.

This is true. I had my own business and, despite feeling proud about it and not having to answer to anyone, it was a lot of work (including weekends) , with no vacations and sometimes, even operating at a loss.

It was worth it while I was making a lot of money, but not now compared to what I make and the perks I have. Phone Post 3.0

interesting...
what was your business? and what are you doing now?

NeoSpartan - jujubre, tried to PM you about the app you wanted but you're only accepting from friends
Ok i am on my iPhone. I am gonna see if i can change my email option when i am back home.
Thanks for your help Phone Post 3.0

I'm a fan of being my own boss. All the criticisms are true, so are all the perks. If you go on your own, Keep your overhead fucking LOW! Use technology to simplify your business and administration. Bust your ass, show genuine concern for your customers and your product, network like a motherfucker. The reward$ can be fanta$tic! Phone Post 3.0

Work for yourself. Fuck living your life according to the whims of another person.

I started my own business about 2 years ago now. I work way more than I did before, but I am also somewhat happier. If I can figure out a way to work less hours I'll be really happy.

InnerTubeCaptain - 

Same income? 

Work for someone else. Way less stress. As a business owner, no matter what people tell you, you're never truly off work. Not if you care about your business and you want to be successful. All the business owners I know, that are successful, basically work, in some way or another, 7 days a week. And the success of the business solely falls on your shoulders. 

I've worked for the same company for over 15 years. I love it. I work 40 hours a week, sometimes more, sometimes less, but when I leave work, I truly leave it. I don't come home and worry or stress about what is going wrong or right at work. Don't get me wrong, I care about my job but I get MY shit done while I'm there. Further, the day I get tired of my job or shit isn't going well with the company, I can fucking jump ship without a concern in the world. 

Here is one thing that I find interesting too. I know quite a few people that own their own business. I live a better lifestyle than all but one. That one has a very successful chain of Cuban restaurants here in the Los Angeles. Other than them, we earn a better salary than all the others and we work a hell of a lot less. 

Mind if i ask what you do?

Personally I would love to start my own business. I'm an inventor of sorts but haven't come up with anything that I'm willing to risk on yet.

As it stands I work for a company that I really like. The work is right up my alley and they give me lots of freedoms.

ttt