Creatine & Dental Problems

Does anyone know if there is any direct relation between taking creatine and teeth problems such as getting a lot of cavities.

A month or 2 ago I went to the dentist and had 3 cavities, and me and the dentist were confused because I hardly eat candy and never drink pop. The only thing I could think of was the Creatine, I was taking EAS Phosphagen which has like 34g of sugar per serving.

Anyone else experience this?

If I'm not mistaken, Phosphagen contains sugar.

Sugar feeds the bacteria that cause cavities--not creatine.

Aren't some people genetically predisposed towards having more cavities regardless of diet?

Maybe not genetically, per se, but everyone has a different bacterial flora in their mouth.

Although virtually all cavities are caused by Strep mutans or Lactobacillus, certain other bacteria keep these species 'in check'...individuals who have rampant decay with no other apparent cause may have less of these protective species.

I suppose from the genetic standpoint, you could argue that people with thinner enamel, deeper grooves and fissures, etc. could be more predisposed toward tooth decay, but in the end it all boils down to diet, bacteria, and hygiene.

Thanks for the info!

Positive correlation between consumption of creatine and nose falling off.

Acidity also causes tooth decay although I'm not sure about cavities. Creatine Ethyl Esther is extremely acidic.. is that the type of creatine in phosphagen?

"Acidity also causes tooth decay although I'm not sure about cavities. Creatine Ethyl Esther is extremely acidic.. is that the type of creatine in phosphagen?"

Acidity wears down tooth enamel, but it doesn't "cause" tooth decay. Incidentally, many of the beverages people drink are quite acidic...Mountain Dew and Red Bull are reputed to be the worst.

So mixing your creatine with Mountain Dew and Redbull would be a bad idea?

^^^Do that. More $$$ for me.

They say Mountain Dew was invented by a dentist.