*cries*

please retire saku

SoiCoWbOy-If you don't love Sakuraba then you aren't capable of loving anything.

got beat like a ginger stepchild :-(

wow that was difficult too watch, very brutal, the guys a legend but Dream shouldnt have allowed him too fight, hes past his prime and is gunna end up dieing in the ring if he takes another beating like that.

God damn it! That fight should have never happened. They want Sakuraba to die on television or something, he shouldn't be allowed to fight anymore! grrrr!

Sheds Tear

Gotta love the leg drag to right cross.

C'mon, it wasn't THAT bad, he just got caught.

He's shot, but he likes $.

Every fighter has his day.  Saku's has had his.

Time to retire...seriously.  There's no shame in getting old though  either age, milelage, or both... we all do it.

*weeps*

and soicowboy, quit using that stupid analogy

it pertains to nothing

=(

please retire saku. his family has seen too much of this

i wish him and Rickson Gracie would fight, so Rickson can retired him the Gracie way.

GrChmayday - 
xakx - i wish him and Rickson Gracie would fight, so Rickson can retired him the Gracie way.
Hows that?

he was the gracie killa!!

LMAO

GrChmayday - 
xakx - i wish him and Rickson Gracie would fight, so Rickson can retired him the Gracie way.
Hows that?
he was the gracie killa!!

after what i have seen of him lately, rickson would easily defeat saku

MoreThanUFC - What the fuck with the hate toward the greatest MMA fighter in history? TUF noobs need not post on Saku threads. There oughtta be a law....

amen to that brother. TUF noobs dont know anything about the legend of sakuraba.

I'm not a TUF noob but I think alot of Saku's fights in Japan were works.

Sak is the definition of a warrior. It's sad to see him go on like this but what else can we expect. When fighting's what you do and all you've known for a greater portion of your life then you're doomed to a fate like this. We can't expect him to get a job at H & R block and live out the rest of his warrior days in depression, misery, and humiliation and that's exactly what it would be.

It's sad but this lifestyle is highly addictive, the highs and lows can't be matched with any other life experiences that you may have. Speaking for myself, I'm currently fighting a horrible ear infection I let go almost to the point of surgery and now I can't train and have slipped into a funk. I find myself sitting in the gym late at night with no agenda and stopping by during the day just to walk thru or sit and ponder. I quit a job making $60k a year to fight full time and now live way below the poverty line staying at a dorm facility we have for fighters instead of the condo that I own. That's the warrior way and while I am just budding in the sport Sak has seen and lived his glory and anyone that will mutter or type a negative word in that man's direction should be disgusted with themselves

That being said, respect Sakuraba for what he has done and hope that he can have an honorable end

ianbulldog - I'm not a TUF noob but I think alot of Saku's fights in Japan were works.

someone finally says it.

with that said, he is probably a 10 out of top 10 in the world in his weight class, in his prime.

he is not the greatest but he is definately pretty good when he was in his prime, and he managed to pull of a good game plan to beat some Gracie fighters, but not very impressive at all, as soon as he is matched up with a well rounded fighter he does not do so well at all...

Jesus. That was brutal. Melvin is huge.

KneeStriker - 
MoreThanUFC - What the fuck with the hate toward the greatest MMA fighter in history? TUF noobs need not post on Saku threads. There oughtta be a law....

amen to that brother. TUF noobs dont know anything about the legend of sakuraba.

I totally agree. tuf noobs have no clue about the greatest mma fighter of all time.