Cris Cyborg removed from SF show by CSAC

OH BUT THEY CAN'T WAIT FOR OVEREEM TO FIGHT AGAIN!

1.  She really should stop referring to herself as a champion.  It makes it look like she has no remorse over using steroids and being stripped of her title.

2.  The reason she got to watch the event in Brazil is that there was no commission overseeing the event.

3.  I smell bullshit on the commission having a rule about suspended fighters sitting in the audience.  I think it had more to do with her comments about wanting to fight Ronda in the parking lot.  They were probably worried she try to get in Rousey's face after the fight and start a ruckus.

subwrassler - I wish she'd stop saying she's the Champion

She does need to stop saying that. Getting removed from event is a chickenshit move by the csac. Why wait until the last fight to do so? Sounds like nonsense to me. Phone Post

jtown2 - 

She does need to stop saying that. Getting removed from event is a chickenshit move by the csac. Why wait until the last fight to do so? Sounds like nonsense to me. Phone Post

That is what happens when you publicly threaten to attack one of the competitors.

Steve4192 -
jtown2 - 

That is what happens when you publicly threaten to attack one of the competitors.

I accept your point as valid. Phone Post

I guess it doesnt look good promoting a suspended fighter on live TV...

when guys get popped, the one guy has a competitive edge but it's still two dudes fighting.

honda would be basically fighting a dude, from a hormonal standpoint. the gap of "unfainess" is HUGE.

Does Chris Leben get this much Hate as a 3 time rule violator?

As some posters said, it was probably a move done as a measure to ensure there was no shit going down between Cyborg and Ronda after her fight.

I'd imagine SF would be pretty paranoid about shit like that happening after the Nashville (Mayhem vs Cesar Gracie camp) brawl.

inf0 -  OH BUT THEY CAN'T WAIT FOR OVEREEM TO FIGHT AGAIN!

most fans could give a fuck about that loser. the morons just stand out the most

Don't know about California but in Nevada when you're suspended it includes the locker rooms and the first six rows of seats closest to the cage. If California is the same that's probably why she was relocated. Phone Post

12SixElbow -  Since when does california not allow suspended fighters to WATCH a sport?

Is that legal?

I don't believe the rule is that they are not allowed to watch the fight, rather they are not allowed to attend.  How would they enforce you watching at home on pay per view?  

This Phone Post

inf0 -  OH BUT THEY CAN'T WAIT FOR OVEREEM TO FIGHT AGAIN!

Overeem looks better in a dress..

"I believe a champion deserves to be treated with respect."
Your female opponents deserved a lot more respect than you gave them when you cheated and endangered their safety. And, what are you champion of Cyborg?...

crowbar - WOW,I had no idea that was a law,much less enforced.

. Phone Post

Stainypoo - 

What the fuck? Please fuck right off cyborg. You are not a chaampion, you're a cheater. Phone Post

Don't think she got that out of a cereal box

tbi0904 - 

Don't know about California but in Nevada when you're suspended it includes the locker rooms and the first six rows of seats closest to the cage. If California is the same that's probably why she was relocated. Phone Post

Wow , you are suggesting that a promoter yields to non competitive activities that a suspended fighter may be involved in because of pressure from the NAC? Licensed activities, which don't include six or less rows , or "locker room " (seagull is an example ),are governed by the commission, but they have no authority over a promotion's choice of who they give credentials to, credentials that allow access to any area besides ringside cornermen and in the cage.

I'd like to know why you believe otherwise, I think you are misinformed or FOS

I also don't believe that CA has a law or regulation that prohibits a suspended fighter from being present from a main, but not from the previous fights, cage side.
If anyone relocated her, it was strike force

To clear the air on what happened because I was sitting with her and Kim Couture... She was comped tickets in the stands but not on the floor. She was given floor seat tix by (a UG'er) at the time who had extra. She was on the corner seat so anyone on the floor could ask for pics. While taking pics with fans a ZUFFA employee asked her to go to her original seats because where she was sitting was within a certain amount away from the cage that she was prohibited from being in.

She was NOT removed by the CSAC. She was removed by ZUFFA so they wouldn't reap the shitstorm from the extremely unstable and potentially unpredictable decision making CSAC. This was Zuffa covering their ass like they should have done.

Tankhead - 
12SixElbow -  Look at you haters.

Yup! But they looooooove Chael Sonnen. Phone Post

And Vitor Belfort, Royce Gracie, Thiago Silva, Bigfoot, Alistair, and Feijao. Point?