Cristiane 'Cyborg' Santos Leaves Belt & SF

Man thats unfortunate.

Very disappointing.

hopefully it's in bellator or somewhere else that's on american tv 

poor girls in bellator. maybe after she dominates all of them they can set up a fight between her and Lombard

Jon Snow - you guys saying wmma is dead are clueless

gina did way more for wmma than cyborg ever could.

cyborg could beat anyone but she is not selling the events the way gina could.

guys want to watch a decent looking chic fight.

more people would tune in to watch miesha, gina, marloes because they are good fighters plus they are attractive.

on the XFO that felice was on, everyone popping in chat was asking if the hot girls fought yet.
-the 2 girl fights on this card were the best ones (oh and the guy saying "anvil")

I wouldn't say you're wrong, but the fact that Zuffa has chosen to let the undisputed # 1 female in the world go, is the telling part of this. It's not like Cyborg has zero marketing appeal, she's still very marketable, and the # 1 and they let her contract expire.

Indicates their position on WMMA, unfortunately.

She might go to WWE for money, but she's a competitor and a fighter, and will want to challenge herself. She will keep fighting.

Sad day for WMMA Phone Post

These are her last three paydays:

Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos: $35,000 (includes $15,000 win bonus and $5,000 champion bonus)

def. Jan Finney: $6,000

Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos: $35,000 ($15,000 win bonus and $5,000 "championship" bonus)

def. Marloes Coenen: $2,000

Cris “Cyborg” Santos ($25,000 – includes $5,000 win bonus)

def. Gina Carano ($125,000)

She's not a draw and noone wants to see her piss pound another woman. It is seriously like watching a man beat the hell out of a woman when she fights.

I disagree. she is one of the few female mma fighters I enjoy watching.

Suckage.

That sucks...but maybe now gina can come back and be champ

lmao at wwe, they expect models in there, not fighters.

its actually good that she leaves strikeforce/zuffa, honestly they were not going to promote her, ok maybe a little bit, but just a tiny bit.

she is a born fighter, from her interviews all i hear is train, train, train, get better, get better, get better. she can make some money in brazil or other mma shows obviously not comparing to the big leagues in pay, but good enough to get some dough. she can teach or do seminars with good advertising. good luck cyborg.

T T T for C. Cyborg.

maybe they just want gina to come back and win the belt?

Bellator hopefully. Superfight between her and Curran :)

Watch Gina get magically cleared to fight and a title shot

Not a great move for either party, but Santos suffers bad, where else can she go to be seen or make real $$.

fucken sad, its to bad dana and the zuffa clan dont have any respect for women, in the end itll be them that will kill womens mma

She (and 99% of female fighters) is not really worth much to the company financially. How many people do you think would buy a weak card headlined by a Cyborg fight?