Critique Latrell Sprewell's game

Sprewell has been one of my favorite players ever since he came into the league.

He has great killer instinct and doesn't seem to care to be an elite player, even though he has capability of being one. He just goes out, has fun, and does what he has to do.

For all the bball-philes like Souljacker on the forum, what do you think are the pros and cons of his game? Are there other players from the past and present that play the game in a similar fashion? Also, with his current production, will he make it to the bball hall of fame?

"what do you think are the pros and cons of his game?"

Pros: Nobody gets down the floor faster with the ball on the break. Plays hard every single night. Good on-the-ball defender.

Con: Streaky jump shot.

"Also, with his current production, will he make it to the bball hall of fame?"

No.

his game is pretty solid on both ends. i think it's a matter of disrupting team chemistry

Con: He's a coach choker.

Liyon

lets just get this out of the way, I hate the fucker and would never have him on my team but I will be objective about his game.

"He has great killer instinct and doesn't seem to care to be an elite player, even though he has capability of being one. He just goes out, has fun, and does what he has to do."

He does have a fire about him for sure but not caring about being an elite player and being capable of being one are 2 different things. He had chance both at GS and NY and did not do it.

Did he produce? Yes he did but not to where he should have for someone making his money. He wanted the elite player money but didn't want to take the responsibility IMHO

"Also, with his current production, will he make it to the bball hall of fame?"

he will never have the stats or the personality to get there

"his game is pretty solid on both ends. i think it's a matter of disrupting team chemistry"

Slash is correct

"He's an ironman. When he was with Golden State he played massive minutes and it didn't affect his game much. Streaky jump shot. Loves the hip NBA lifestyle too much. He doesn't have a winner's mentality."

1978phatfarm is correct also

Sprewell is certainly talented and has game. He does play his ass off when he is on the court but I question his work ethic in the off season.

I will say this, the T-Wolves should get rid of Cassell before Sprewell. Sprewell is not a selfish player and will try and fit in and play his part during the playoffs, Cassell will think he is the man and ruin shit

again Spree always plays hard, which I love but his attitude and personality are something I would never want to deal with as a coach

"again Spree always plays hard, which I love but his attitude and personality are something I would never want to deal with as a coach"

Agreed. For all the positives he brings, he's one step away from a SteveW-style tantrum. Walking on eggshells is no way for a coach to, well, coach. But if you had to pick a coach or GM to keep him under control AND get good production out of him, Flip Saunders and Kevin McHale are your best bet.