Critique my new computer build

About to pull the trigger and want to know what you'd do different.

This is enthusiast build/general purpose, not for gaming. I'll do some overclocking.

1. I7 4770k 3.5gz haswell
2. Asus Z87 pro mobo
3. Cosair dominator platinum 16gb 1600mhz - i should be
able to OC around 2100mhz
4. samsumg pro SSD 128g sata 6
5. WD caviar black 1TB sata 6
6. ThermalTake pure power 460w (repurposed from my current
pc)
7. No video card - the haswell has a built in GPU...can
upgade later if i need to
8. have decided on a case, but I'm thinking about a TT
Commander MKl or MKll
9. Haven't decided on a DVD or blue ray yet...recommend

what's the total price?

hubris - what's the total price?

Between 1000 and 1100

Would be way more with video card and power supply

Nice but you're going to need a new PSU and a GPU if you want to play almost any game. Intels integrated graphics are meh and will "run" some current games but at almost minimal settings.

Haven't been a gamer in a long time....but yeah, I know, if I decide to get into it, I'll need 850-1000w and a card...

Have u seen the haswell gen video?

that's a really nice setup

do you need the 1TB HDD though? I've gone with a NAS like Synology for storage and backup

I read the review on tomshardware. I7's are still kings of the mountain. Even the first generations are 4 years old and performing well.

Yeah everything in there seems on the up and up.

I I have over 500gb spread over 3 drives now. 2 v1 sata and 1 IDE . I'm gonna combine all onto the sata 6 TB. And use the 2 Sata 1 as a mirror raid, I think

Plus. The drive was like 150 or something ... I thought it was reasonably priced

ok well if you need the drive space

if not I'd go for a bigger SSD pro

hubris - that's a really nice setup

do you need the 1TB HDD though? I've gone with a NAS like Synology for storage and backup

How much storage on your nas?

hubris - ok well if you need the drive space

I thought about it, but its almost double the price for a 256 ssd ... Did seem to make sense to spend 150 on 128 gigs, when I could get 1tb for the same money...plus I'd need to buy a had even with the sdd

i would think about going to a little bit beefier power supply... maybe a 640

LeftLowKick - i would think about going to a little bit beefier power supply... maybe a 640

For a low power 84w CPU? He'll need to upgrade when gets a GPU to go with that thing. He's fine with what he has.

DaveFu - 
LeftLowKick - i would think about going to a little bit beefier power supply... maybe a 640

For a low power 84w CPU? He'll need to upgrade when gets a GPU to go with that thing. He's fine with what he has.

Yeah, according to asus a fully loaded (whatever that means) system should only draw 340w. The board power off the drives and only sends power to them when needed. There's all sort of cool shit with that asus board...allows to to priorities network activity... So if you don't want your surfing slowed by your down loads, you can adjust to give more priority to browsing, etc. you can also just let the system handle all controls and it'll over lock for you..so u don't need to know shit about over locking, etc.

sreiter - 
hubris - ok well if you need the drive space

I thought about it, but its almost double the price for a 256 ssd ... Did seem to make sense to spend 150 on 128 gigs, when I could get 1tb for the same money...plus I'd need to buy a had even with the sdd

2 bay

1TB each

I would sacrifice processing for a better card and psu. Amd with the influx of money from consoles will be massing big moves. That's a huge market nvidua and Intel lost Phone Post

caseharts - 

I would sacrifice processing for a better card and psu. Amd with the influx of money from consoles will be massing big moves. That's a huge market nvidua and Intel lost Phone Post

I don't game..why get a card?

sreiter -
caseharts -  I would sacrifice processing for a better card and psu. Amd with the influx of money from consoles will be massing big moves. That's a huge market nvidua and Intel lost Phone Post

I don't game..why get a card?

Well of you don't game then don't. Just get a Tablet and a keyboard. Phone Post

What colour LEDs and how many?