Critique my workouts

i'm trying to gain mass, strength, and endurance so i can maybe start bjj again. all sets are 6-10 reps until failure.

monday

• 3 sets flat dumbbell bench
  • 3 sets incline dumbbell bench
  • 3 sets roped tricep extensions
  • 2 sets shoulder press
  • 2 sets front lateral raises
  • 2 sets side lateral raises
  • 3 sets wrist curls
  • 3 sets wrist extensions
  • 200 crunches
  • 3 sets back extensions
  • 30 min. cardio on bike

tuesday

• 200 crunches
  • 3 sets back extensions
  • 30 min. cardio on bike

thursday

• 3 sets wide-gripped pull-ups
  • 3 sets bent-over rows
  • 3 sets bicep curls
  • 3 sets shoulder shrugs
  • 2 sets rear lateral raises
  • 3 sets leg press
  • 3 sets calf raises
  • 3 sets hamstring curls
  • 200 crunches
  • 3 sets back extensions
  • 30 min. cardio on bike

Your post looks beautiful.. just thought I'd mention.. hehe

The two biggest things I would comment on:

#1. If you are looking for mass gains you need to have deadlifts and/or squats in your routine. Instead of a particular set/rep scheme like 3 x 10, have a total volume goal in mind (for example 30 reps) and use a heavy load doing many sets of triples, singles and doubles.

#2. If the endurance you want to gain is going to be for your BJJ, then I would suggest interval training or a session of Scrapper's bodyweight exercises as better alternatives to cardio on the bike.

Now #3 here is more personal preference but I will throw it in anyway:

#3. Add some overhead pressing in lieu of all the shoulder work. Things like lateral raises and rear delt raises are accessory lifts for shoulders but are not really a prime strength builder. Nobody ever goes for a one-rep max on lateral raises! I think one-handed overhead pressing (using a dumbbell, kettlebell or even a barbell) will give you a better bang for the buck. Wide grip pullups that you do on Thursday will hit the rear delts as well.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Andy

I'd do less isolation work and more compound movements. There are a lot more benefits from doing deadlifts, chins etc. Also, I'd add more leg work. Your only doing 9 sets of leg stuff all week. I'd add deadlifts and squats for sure.

Why are you doing sets of 200 crunches? For ab-endurance? I'd switch that up with weighted situps.

I prefer intervals to cardio, and I don't get good gains training to failure.

I agree with nosleep. I don't really like the workout, but the post is really nice.

-doug-

sounds like ALL endurance to me honesltly .

edited because I see he has his rear deltoids worked on thursday.

If you are in fact serious about gaining strength, mass, and endurance, I'd recommend looking at one of Wiggy's programs in T-Mag or on his website. Squats, deadlifts, cleans, push-presses: all are essential for any type of strength or mass gain.

However, if you ARE trolling, then the program you have looks fantastic.