Cro Cop vs Sylvia???

I think putting both of these fighters together right now would make one helluva fight. Both are coming off losses and both will be hungry and determined to get back to the top of thier game. It would also command a big draw from the fans, and easily marketable. Also, if not Sylvia, then what do you think Dana has in mind for Cro Cop?

Arlovski....

Good call, I just about to make a thread on this. Cro Cop vs Sylvia sounds like a logical step.

I wonder who the UG would like to see win? ;)

I dont know man, Crocop's been fighting in Japan (where the competition's easier) a little too long while Sylvia has been dusting the best Hws in the world up until his fight with Captain America...

This is the matchup I would like to see. I think Mirko may be out of commision for a while however.

Mirko will be back on top, refocussed and as good as ever. Be it Tim, AA, Nog who ever, someone is getting hurt, and dont expect it to be Mirko.

Gonzaga looked great, but seriously would anyone here actually bet on Gonzaga against Cro Cop in a re-match??

Sylvia vs Cro Cop would be a logical step at this point...It would be cool to see Sylvia's "poke and hope" style matched up against Cro Cop.

[quote]Gonzaga looked great, but seriously would anyone here actually bet on Gonzaga against Cro Cop in a re-match??[/quote]

I don't see why not; Gonzaga was dominating the fight anyway. He did the smart thing in taking advantage of a Cro-Cop kick to get the takedown, then controlled him and delivered some good damage with GnP until the standup.

If they fought again, I don't see any reason to think Gonzaga wouldn't take him down again, and either GnP or submit him.

I wouldn't bet on Gonzaga by KO but I can see him winning again.

"If they fought again, I don't see any reason to think Gonzaga wouldn't take him down again"

All he showed was that he can take Mirko down from a kick to the rib area he was able to catch. It was a nice well time counter, but hardly indicates he can takedown Mirko at will. wrong move, wrong time on behalf of Mirko. Mirkos attacks next fight should be to focus on the legs, where there will be no such leg grab counter followed by a takedown of an off balance fighter, and then by destroying the legs of Gonzaga, getting his hands involved, setting up the high kick. a focussed Mirko still has some of the best TD defense in the game. This isn't fuckin Kongo here.

I too was going to make a thread about this. I think this fight makes perfect sense and I hope the UFC sets it up. However, depending upon CroCops ankle the UFC may want to get big tim back in the cage before CroCop is ready to fight again

Great post by WC17.

"If they fought again, I don't see any reason to think Gonzaga wouldn't take him down again"

BJ Penn rocked, threw Hughes to the ground, broke his nose with a punch and choked him out all in under 5 minutes.......did that happen the second time around?????

No excuses for Cro Cop, he got caught. More than likely Cro Cop thought a shoot was coming and never expected a kick, and he got KO'ed for it. That won't happen again. Nor would Gonzaga be able to even put him on his back again.

"BJ Penn rocked, threw Hughes to the ground, broke his nose with a punch and choked him out all in under 5 minutes.......did that happen the second time around?????"

For two rounds it damn near did.