Croatian Speaker w/ Mirko Vid-HELP

I was wondering if anyone here knows croatian and has the Mirko Story video. I am fixing the english subtitles, and was wondering if I could get some quik help. There is one portion starting at 24:54 where they are on the base talking about chess, and the translation is pretty bad. I think I figured out what they meant, but am not 100% sure and would like a quik check to see if I'm right.HERE IS WHAT I THINK IT IS SUPPOSED TO SAY:00:25:05.90,00:25:08.20Did you tell them about playing with two less pieces?00:25:08.20,00:25:11.00I started without one of my rooks and[br]without a bishop, and I still beat him. *corrected to say BISHOP* 00:25:11.00,00:25:13.00I almost beat him one time, and he got angry and nervous.00:25:13.00,00:25:17.00I was on the way to beat him, but then he ran away[br]because there was a roll call, and he managed to escape.00:25:17.00,00:25:21.20He got away, but he is still strong.[br]When he's playing with all figures, you can't beat him.00:25:21.20,00:25:25.80So far, I'm undefeated in soccer free shots too.[br]He wouldn't beat me in penalty shots either.THIS IS WHAT IT WAS ORIGINALLY:00:25:06.04,00:25:07.92Did you tell them for the two figures less?00:25:07.96,00:25:12.72I give him the rook and the runner, and with that I beat [br]him. I have beat him only one time, and he got angry and nervous.00:25:12.76,00:25:16.60One time I was on the way to beat him, but then he ran,[br]because there was a roll call. He managed to escape on time.00:25:16.80,00:25:19.96He got away. But he is still strong, when he's playing with[br]all figures, you can't beat him...00:25:20.80,00:25:25.56So far, I'm undefeated in free shots, and he wouldn't[br]beat me in penalty shots either.00:25:25.60,00:25:29.12He's skinny from the chess, he gets nervous a lot.[br]It's the worrying.If you could just check out that part of the video and tell me if I am right, I would appreciate it. If you don't know Croatian and checked out this thread anyway, please TTT it for me. THANKS!

I am most curious about the interpretation of:00:25:07.96,00:25:12.72I give him the rook and the runner, and with that I beat him.Does he actually say he(Mirko) lost or he won? I have beat him only one time, and he got angry and nervous.Is this 'have beat', or 'ALMOST beat'. 'Almost' makes more sense and I think that is what he says. Correct?00:25:20.80,00:25:25.56So far, I'm undefeated in free shots, and he wouldn't[br]beat me in penalty shots either.Mirko changes subjects and brings up Soccer, right?

I think it is ALMOST because then it would make sense with how the guy continues to talk about 'one time almost beating him when there was ROLLCALL', and so that is the actual instance that that happened. It would also make sense that that made him nervous.Another reason that I suspect this is because how Mirko says the guy never beat him.And then, how he says that he 'beat him once', but then goes on to tell about how he ALMOST beat him once. It seems that if he beat him once, he would tell that story instead of how he ALMOST beat him but the game went unfinished. You know what I mean?I think that he says he ALMOST beat him one time in this line:
I have beat him only one time, and he got angry and nervous.

OR

this line is supposed to be translated to say that ANOTHER TIME as opposed to ONE TIME:One time I was on the way to beat him, but then he ran,[br]because there was a roll call. He managed to escape on time.

rook and castle would mean the same thing... rook and runner prolly mean rook and knight or rook and pawn

Ah, you are correct Charles. I looked to find wtf a 'runner' was, and found THIS WEBSITE with chess variants on it, that had different names for the pieces in the diff games, and the castle was listed as a runner. I didn't realize the castle=rook, so since they said 'without a rook and runner', that would be 2 diff ways to say the same piece, so that translation is off too.Thanks for pointing that out Charles, and to the Croatian speaking member that is going to help me out here;), please interpret for us also which 2 peices Mirko started without. THANKS.

OK, according to HERE, a runner is a BISHOP. Thanks for helping me find that error there Charles."There are many ways in different languages to call a bishop. The bishop can be a messenger (Finnish lähetti and Polish goniec), a clergyman (English bishop), a rifleman (Czech stYelec), a runner (German läufer and Latin cursor) or a crazy (French fou, also a jester or a fool)."

TTT

ALSO, a translation for the training part at 00:25:38.00 would be GREAt also. I don't understand what they meant when saying...

"So, he places the arm under, but don't goes on the neck, but grabs the neck from the underneath, and stretch him so the vertebraes break...Finished."

ttt

ttt

ttt

ttt

ttt

ttt

ttt

ttt

cmon....where are the croatian people when ya need em.

i bet his as being asked a million and 1 times but, link to film? :D

It is available to DL on bittorrent. Check THIS THREAD for info on BitTorrent and exactly how to get the file.

ttt