CroCop's UFC Status

Is it true that he really IS going to the UFC? I ask only because someone said that he renegotiated with PRIDE instead. Which is it? I'm so confused.

According to Sakikabaras latest statement......"Fook UFC muthafookers fooook ufc muthafn fooooooook UFC"....I would say that CC may have signed with UFC.

There has been much speculation surrounding the future of Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic, currently the #2 ranked MMAWeekly heavyweight in the world. MMAWeekly, along with other media outlets, has had usually reliable sources inform us that Filipovic had decided to leave Pride for the Ultimate Fighting Championship. Although that is an option, it now appears that the determination has not yet been finalized.

In an exclusive interview with MMAWeekly, Filipovic’s manager Ken Imai, someone who certainly should know the final decision of Filipovic when it is determined, stated, “Mirko has made no decision on where he will fight next.”

Though that’s not to say that the Croatian won’t end up in the UFC. “Mirko has received several offers from different organizations and we are currently negotiating concerning his future,” said Imai. “We must take everything into consideration.” Imai did confirm that both Pride and the UFC are part of current negotiations, “Most definitely.”

Regarding the misinformation that Cro Cop had already made his decision, Imai was adamant, “No one in Mirko’s camp knows about any of the negotiations concerning his future. We would never allow anyone else, at this point in negotiations, to know the status or conditions of current negotiations.”

Pressed for details on when a decision would be forthcoming, Imai was adamant, “At this point, there is no decision. When it is ready to be announced, it will be announced. But at this point, there is no decision to announce.”

He did, however, clear up Filipovic’s current contract status with Pride. “There was no long-term contract... it was fight by fight,” Imai answered. So, Filipovic is a true free agent.

Filipovic recently won the Pride Open Weight Grand Prix defeating Josh Barnett, Wanderlei Silva, Hidehiko Yoshida, and Ikuhisa Minowa en route to the title. His stock has never been any higher than it is right now, with several organizations around the world bidding for his services.

It is quite possible that he could end up fighting outside of Japan for the first time in his mixed martial arts career, but Pride is still in negotiations to keep Filipovic in their promotion. Now it is just a matter of waiting for negotiations to play out and for the Croatian to make the determination of just where his future is headed.

Obviously Zuffa told him not to announce it so that they could make a big show of it tonight.

"Obviously Zuffa told him not to announce it so that they could make a big show of it tonight."

Agreed.

So he's most likely UFC bound. Good.

"Obviously Zuffa told him not to announce it so that they could make a big show of it tonight."

That is what I am thinking, but I can't figure out why Pride would be playing along. If he had signed in the UFC, and the UFC wanted to keep it quiet, why would Sakikibara and Pride add to the suspense by claiming negotiations are continuing?

At this point, I'm just going to assume he's still a free agent. This whole ordeal has been too much of a rollercoaster ride.

lol That's why I created this thread, CivFi. The whole thing's been so confusing for me! :)

"why would Sakikibara and Pride add to the suspense by claiming negotiations are continuing?"

Maybe Sakibara doesn't realize that Crop Cop has already signed with Zuffa.

"Maybe Sakibara doesn't realize that Crop Cop has already signed with Zuffa."

That's possible. I suppose it's equally possible that the UFC told him not to tell Pride until it was announced to prevent them from preempting his (CroCop's) UFC introduction.

Again, I'm not saying it's not happening, but I'm trying to keep my expectations grounded until UFC 66 airs.

I think I'm an unbiased observer as I would be happy either way. However, I feel a slight tinge of excitement about possibly seeing him in the UFC (for some odd reason).

"I suppose it's equally possible that the UFC told him not to tell Pride until it was announced to prevent them from preempting his (CroCop's) UFC introduction."

This is probably true.

UFC conspiracy theory? Intriguing. Tell me more.

Crocops website says he signed with UFC.

Is that a romoshop, Lew?

no

"Is that a romoshop, Lew?"

No. It's real.

It came from a newspaper article posted on Christmas day (I believe about Mirko's visit to an orphanage).

got it here...ufcjunkie.com/ 

"Crocops website says he signed with UFC."

Link?

CroCop in the UFC would be epic for MMA.