Cross Face in Training?

Quick jitzz question here for you guys.

Last week I was rolling with this dude (wrestler) in nogi...was his first class. Let him take the back and he cross faced me hard and broke my nose.

What's the etiquette on this? My nose looks like Anderson Silva used my face for knee practice.

LOL

Don't let him take your back? Phone Post

if a cross face or knee bar comes up during training, YOU HIT IT!!! AND HIT IT HARD!!! TAP OR SNAP OR SOMETHING ELSE!!!

sorry about your nose. :o(

you shouldnt bring your forearm back like a punch in wrestling or bjj. I imagine thats whats what happened. a cross face is a part of grappling but especially in training the initial contact shouldnt be a strike.

ColemanGPcelebration - you shouldnt bring your forearm back like a punch in wrestling or bjj. I imagine thats whats what happened. a cross face is a part of grappling but especially in training the initial contact shouldnt be a strike.

Yeah it wasn't like a slow cross face to move my head to get a choke, it was more like he didn't know what he was doing so he just clubbed the fuck out of my nose.

Cross facing is fine, cross facing so hard you break someone's nose is an asshole move.

Anarkis - Did he basically punch you while cross facing or did he catch you in a situation where you were defending your neck and allowed your nose to get broke?

It seemed like he didn't know what to do so he punched me in the face with his forearm.

So basically wrestling > "jitzz".

rrg1 - So basically wrestling > "jitzz".

OP apparently does not trane UFC

A visitng brown belt tried to exorcist me once. I tapped real quick because it was right underneath my nose and pulling up.

Right afterwards I made it a point to use only wrist locks and drop all my weight on it each time. He was not pleased.

IfapouttoBrenchael - 
MMA Messiah - Quick jitzz question here for you guys.

Last week I was rolling with this dude (wrestler) in nogi...was his first class. Let him take the back and he cross faced me hard and broke my nose.

What's the etiquette on this? My nose looks like Anderson Silva used my face for knee practice.

is that the first time you've been crossfaced while training?

lucky you.

No, I've been crossfaced plenty. However, this is the first time I've been crossfaced 150% and had my nose destroyed.

And I don't mean "oh the cartilage popped it hurts sooooo baddd waaahhh," I mean my nose was completely moved to the side and I may have to have reconstructive surgery.

Pics or it never happened Phone Post

You cant trust wrestlers on the mat.
I put them in my guard and hold them there. Eventually they will look at me and say, OK, what do I do next?
Then they can learn.

BigWilliam - Cross facing is fine, cross facing so hard you break someone's nose is an asshole move.

I encourage anyone I roll with to throw out any move I may see in competition. No sense in avoiding anything that may come up, but as stated, no need to go 100% on it. We are working on technique, it's not adcc.

MMA Messiah - And I don't mean "oh the cartilage popped it hurts sooooo baddd waaahhh," I mean my nose was completely moved to the side and I may have to have reconstructive surgery.

Try not to be such a whining pussy about it next time ok.

do you crossface from the back? not that I know of.

sounds like he put the baret yoshida on you and can-openered your nose. definitely not part of training.

what did he do after he broke your nose?

If he didn't apologize profusely, you should wait outside in the dark with a baseball bat.

vegard - do you crossface from the back? not that I know of.

sounds like he put the baret yoshida on you and can-openered your nose. definitely not part of training.

what did he do after he broke your nose?

If he didn't apologize profusely, you should wait outside in the dark with a baseball bat.

Totally this Phone Post