Cruz, Bisping, Anik, Olivi debate FOTY to date 

2020 brought us a pandemic, locusts, wildfire, riots, murder hornets, and last night at UFC on ESPN 12, a strong candidate for fight of the year, as Dustin Poirier and Dan Hooker tested each other's heart, soul, and chin. Afterward, Jon Anik, Megan Olivi, Dominick Cruz, and Michael Bisping list their top three contenders for fight of the year, so far, in 2020.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xANVDvVaews&feature=emb_title

Megan Olivi: 1: Zhang Weili vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk, 2 or 3: Justin Gaethje vs. Tony Ferguson or Dustin Porier vs. Dan Hooker

Jon Anik: Contenders are Vicente Luque vs. Nico Price, Josh Emmett vs. Shane Burgos, Zhang Weili vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk

Dominick Cruz: Contenders are Zhang Weili vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk, Dustin Porier vs. Dan Hooker, Josh Emmet vs. Shane Burgos

Michael Bisping offers his choices in order, with no uhms, ands, or buts: Nope: Justin Gaethje vs. Tony Ferguson, 3: Josh Emmett vs. Shane Burgos, 2: Zhang Weili vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk, and 1: Dustin Porier vs. Dan Hooker.

What's your 1, 2,3 UG?

Don’t see how Gaethje vs Ferguson is considered. That was a one sided beat down and not much of a fight imo. Gaethje was only clipped once. Porier vs Hooker for sure just because of how technical it was. 

4 Likes

Zhang vs Joanna for me

3 Likes

Based on give and take, It's a toss up between Porrier vs Hooker & Emmet vs Burgos

I think Anik nailed it. People forgot how insane Vicente Luque vs. Nico Price was, since it happened less recently and it wasn’t a main event fight. 

ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -

I think Anik nailed it. People forgot how insane Vicente Luque vs. Nico Price was, since it happened less recently and it wasn’t a main event fight. 

This. Such a badass fight. I didnt see poirier vs hooked but Luque vs Price was a war.

^^^^^^

definitely a great fight

keithws2 - 

Based on give and take, It's a toss up between Porrier vs Hooker & Emmet vs Burgos

Joanna and Zhang was just as give and take and that was 5 rounds like Poirier and Hooker so I would put both those fights over Burgos and Emmett.

Also, these fights had some terrible defenses. Guys were just eating punches to throw.

Cruz has it right 

1 Like
Stay Wild -
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -

This. Such a badass fight. I didnt see poirier vs hooked but Luque vs Price was a war.

If you still haven't seen it find the Poitier vs hooker fight online and watch it. It was fucking masterful and be brutal. 

Amazing fights, all of them. 

Although my wife was telling me to STFU while watching DP/DH so I was probably the loudest for that one. Legendary fight. 

ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -

Also amazing is that neither guy won a post-fight bonus. Gaethje and Ferguson got FOTN, and then they went ahead and gave Gaethje a POTN as well. (That's the second time Gaethje has got 2 bonuses in one night.)