Cruz Mindblown That UFC Still Promotes TJ

1 Like

1 Like

Dominick Cruz is mindblown that the UFC promotes TJ Dillashaw as much as they do, compared to someone like himself.

Cruz appeared on a recent installment of the UFC Unfiltered podcast. During the episode, Matt Serra pointed out that TJ Dillashaw shouldn’t be praised for confessing to past performance-enhancing-drug usage when, as Serra put it, he only did so because he was busted. Cruz concurred and expressed frustration at how the promotion has treated Dillashaw since his return from the USADA suspension.

“You’re preaching to the choir, man,” Cruz told Serra. “I had to fight the guy on that drug. How about that? And I beat him on it. So nobody’s saying nothing about that, but that’s OK. It is what it is.

“The bottom line is: I think what blows me away is the UFC promotes that man over somebody like me who’s been healthy, clean, promoting the sport in a positive way, promoting the division in a positive way, and they’re just gonna throw him right in there in the mix.

“It’s mindblowing to me, to be honest. But that’s the way that they do business, and that’s their choice. It’s their business, not mine.”

Dillashaw and Cruz faced off back in January of 2016 with the UFC bantamweight title on the line. Cruz picked up the win via split decision to recapture the 135-pound title. As for Dillashaw, he was defeated by Henry Cejudo in January of 2019 when he dropped down to flyweight to challenge for the title.

Soon after, Dillashaw admitted to using PEDs ahead of the bout. He was subsequently handed a two-year suspension, which has since been served. Dillashaw returned to the Octagon this past July, defeating Cory Sandhagen via split decision.

As for Cruz, he currently finds himself on a two-fight win streak, hoping to get back into the title mix. Perhaps that will have him cross paths with Dillashaw once again.

3 Likes

UFC Mindblown That Cruz Is Mindblown

1 Like

Remember when he said the referee smelled like whiskey and cigarettes? Lol.

He must be a miserable little fella.

4 Likes

I thought he retired.

1 Like

3 Likes

Crikey!

2 Likes

Of course Cruz is.

1 Like

In my opinion Keith Peterson is currently the best referee in the business. It’s gotta bother Cruz even more that Peterson is be getting more and more high-profile fights and he’s been doing a great fucking job at it every time he’s given the opportunity! Maybe dumb dumb should have a drink and a smoke and calm the fuck down. Stop being so uptight about other people’s success.

3 Likes

GIF by filmeditor

1 Like

Seems like his commentating gigs are getting few and far between these days, and that they’re about get fewer and farer betweener.

3 Likes

I like Peterson also but I wish he would of not just stood and watched that shit show with Rose And Carla, I think Rd 4 And 5 he could of said hey let’s fight guys that’s what you’re here for…at one point he was not even moving just kinda zoned out like the rest of us lol

3 Likes

He’s a damn good ref tho.

2 Likes

He’s not wrong.

TJ loses to Henry, gets busted, then goes against a top guy right away

Cruz loses to Henry, then goes to the prelims and has to fight his way back

Dill as ale is much closer to a title shot

Edit- meant dillashaw but I like Dill as ale better

I’ll say it, Cruz smells like Similac. I met him at the grocery store in front of Alliance.

1 Like

Dude has got more gyno for a 135 pounder than I’ve ever seen. He fails the eye test even if it’s Stevie wonder looking at his swole titty ass.

2 Likes

Not sure why he’s surprised when the UFC has shown time and again it’s a pro drugs Organisation. People don’t seriously see the USADA smokescreen as a real thing still do they?

1 Like

this