Is it legit or what? I see deals for 3 sessions for $50

3 sessions for $50 is cheap

I pay $40 a session

TheMessiah - 3 sessions for $50 is cheap

I pay $40 a session
Yea Groupon deal

Does it work??

Is it cold as hell or what

I know it is proven that liquid nitrogen gets to your core temperature faster than superficial cold, but the way I feel after a cryo session feels like the way I feel after an ice bath, but just much weaker. I feel like the ice bath does what the cryotherapy does but much stronger. and cheaper. but thats just my anecdotal experience. 

I like it. Friend has his own (yes he is a baller lol) and when I use it its like a super fast version of doing an ice bath. Combine that will other preventative maintenance work and you will be good.

I don't believe there's any legitimate scientific evidence behind it, but many people use it and say it helps. 

I pay $45 AUD for mine. Proper immersion one not neck down. It is useful if used regularly, but like someone else stated, but you would probably reap the same benefits from an ice bath (never done one, couldn't handle the shock to the system!) Cryo chambers are way easier to cope with. I do 3 minutes and while it is cold ( -110 degrees celcius) I imagine that it would be far more tolerable than an icebath, as I do not find it hard to do at all. The one I go to has famous Aussie Rules Football players use it, and has had some amazing success with stuff like rolled ankles that have ballooned up really big and would usually require 3 weeks on the sidelines to playing the next week. I know it kept my bursitis in check while I was training 6 days a week. Didn't get rid of it but stopped it from getting worse and debilitating. Had to use it at least twice a week for it to help that though.

Seems like bro science with placebo effect and anecdotal evidence 

Eskimos should never get sore according to their nonsense 

'There is weak evidence from controlled studies that WBC enhances antioxidant capacity and parasympathetic reactivation, and alters inflammatory pathways relevant to sports recovery. A series of small randomized studies found WBC offers improvements in subjective recovery and muscle soreness following metabolic or mechanical overload, but little benefit towards functional recovery. There is evidence from one study only that WBC may assist rehabilitation for adhesive capsulitis of the shoulder.' 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3956737/

I can't be bothered to find other sources. All of you can read and everyone should learn how to search for scientific literature. I don't know if people should be wasting their money on this stuff. 

Biggest thing is this, regardless of people claiming it does nothing (who normally have never done it) or those that like it, you should just try it one time and go off your own experiences. As different things work for different people and if it works for you then you have something new to use when needed, if not you chalk it up to not being your thing and keep it moving.

checkuroil - 

Yes, people don't use ice as a method of treating inflammation at all, because it doesn't work...

Cryotherapy cools the core temp and also draws blood from the extremities, channeling them to the vital organs. On return to normal temperature fresh oxygenated blood circulates all around the body assisting repair. But just like ice doesn't fix everything, neither does cryotherapy.

To say something that cools you down significantly doesn't assist with inflammation is ridiculous.

Repetition and overuse is just as much of an issue around soreness, so the Eskimo comment is just plain dumb.

checkuroil -

The funny part is the ones I see that do it don't even train very hard.

trains 4 days a week, does cryo 3 days per week 

carcaju -
checkuroil - 

Yes, people don't use ice as a method of treating inflammation at all, because it doesn't work...

Cryotherapy cools the core temp and also draws blood from the extremities, channeling them to the vital organs. On return to normal temperature fresh oxygenated blood circulates all around the body assisting repair. But just like ice doesn't fix everything, neither does cryotherapy.

To say something that cools you down significantly doesn't assist with inflammation is ridiculous.

Repetition and overuse is just as much of an issue around soreness, so the Eskimo comment is just plain dumb.

There's a difference between ice and "cryotherapy" 

one has research and the other has bro science 

thanks for the bro science explanation.  Show me the per reviewed studies.  

Beyond that, some studies are showing that ice may be bad for recovery. 

https://www.painscience.com/biblio/icing-delays-recovery-from-muscle-soreness.html

checkuroil - 
carcaju -
checkuroil - 

There's a difference between ice and "cryotherapy" 

one has research and the other has bro science 

thanks for the bro science explanation.  Show me the per reviewed studies.  

Beyond that, some studies are showing that ice may be bad for recovery. 

https://www.painscience.com/biblio/icing-delays-recovery-from-muscle-soreness.html

I am familiar with the theory behind ice delaying recovery, that is not new information.
Anecdotal evidence is fine for me. So is common sense. But I know that you like to argue so good for you.
But the peer reviewed evidence you asked for pretty much backed up what I said. That you would get similar benefits from an ice bath or ice treatment and that there is mild benefit for inflammation.
https://www.dovepress.com/whole-body-cryotherapy-empirical-evidence-and-theoretical-perspectives-peer-reviewed-article-OAJSM
I notice you left your Eskimo statement alone though lol

Because it was a tongue in cheek comment about eskimos

and it seems you didn't read my article at all 

"These data suggest that topical cooling, a commonly used clinical intervention, seems to not improve but rather delay recovery from eccentric exercise-induced muscle damage."

I did read it, I wasn't referring to yours, but rather my peer reviewed link. Did you read that? And my supporting comments?

carcaju -
checkuroil - 

Check the Radboud University paper on Wim Hof, attenuation of inflammation. Mindset, breathing and cold exposure.

pato1 - 
carcaju -
checkuroil - 

Check the Radboud University paper on Wim Hof, attenuation of inflammation. Mindset, breathing and cold exposure.

Basically around using the mind which results in release of epinephrine, induction of early anti-inflammatory?
What were the results for cold exposure? It gets a bit scrambled from what I am reading.

I did it once and now work for a delivery company with a hot cyclops and a lobster man.