Cthulhu

I am finally reading the call of Cthulhu. pretty cool so far. One question how do you pronounce Cthulhu?

I have been saying it like KUH-THEW-LOO, how far off am I?

I think you got it.

I pretty much pronounce it like you do, but pronounce a hard "th" like "KUH-TOO-LOO"

I've heard it pronounced "CLOO-LOO" and everything else inbetween. Make sure you read "At The Mountains of Madness" and "The Shadow Over Innsmouth" while you're reading Lovecraft.

pretty good, eh? what's the first in the series because i'm thinking of picking this up sometime in the near future.

I picked up some big paperback book of short stories by HPL, the story I am reading is "the call cthulhu" and it doesn't look like a long story at all, maybe 20 pages or so. I don't know if there are other cthulhu books and stories or what.

"The Outsider" is great. I have been to the town in Mass. that Lovecraft based Innsmouth off of. I also saw what he considered devil's reef.

read the "picture in the house". i have a funny feeling that the story may have helped King spawn Apt Pupil.

The Outsider is a cool short story.
"Call of Cthulhu"= Greatest inspiring heavy Metal story ever.

According to some Lovecraft society or something, it's

kuh - THOOL - hoo

""The Outsider" is great. I have been to the town in Mass. that Lovecraft based Innsmouth off of. I also saw what he considered devil's reef. "

Gloucester, MA. i have the singular honor of having played Call of Cthulhu by candlelight in a house overlooking Gloucester harbor, with waves sounding off of Devil's Reef in the distance.

it was extremely eldritch.

Can anyone list more books are about cthulhu.

"Dreams of Terror and Death" is my personal favorite.

the one I picked up is the "Bloodcurdling Tales of Horror and the Macabre" book.

"Gloucester, MA. i have the singular honor of having played Call of Cthulhu by candlelight in a house overlooking Gloucester harbor, with waves sounding off of Devil's Reef in the distance."

yes.

did you read that Lovecraft may have based it off Marblehead as well? I always thought it was Gloucester.

i too am of the Gloucester school of thought.