CTRL Carioca vs. Tatami Estilo Classic

I'm looking at both of these gis since they appear to be the closest to my height and weight range 6'00, 240 lbs in their A4's.

At my last tournament the refs disallowed my Fuji gi because it was too short in the triceps measurement.  Everywhere else was fine but I had to scramble to get another gi top.  

Does anyone have experience with other of these gis?

I'm looking for something that I won't be swimming in since A5's are too big but some A4's aren't wide enough around the appendages for my fairly thick limbs.

Any thoughts?

I have the CTRL Gi and it's great. Don't have the other to compare to. Would definitely recommend the CNTRL gi on fit, durability and looks.

I have the Tatami Estilo and right now it is my favorite gi. Similar to my Shoyorol Golden State but the top is not as mig in the front, so in my opinion the Tatami fits better. And it is holding up better than my Shoyorol. I was looking at the CTRL as well, may be my next gi, cool company and other gear as well.

honey badger dont give a shit!

http://www.facebook.com/honeybadgerfightwear

budwhite -
At my last tournament the refs disallowed my Fuji gi because it was too short in the triceps measurement. Everywhere else was fine but I had to scramble to get another gi top.

IMHO, spend an extra $25-$30 and you can get a better all-around gi that you dont have to worry about shrinkage. Check out Killer Bee if you want something in the $100-$110 range (with shipping).

And you can mix-and-match your top and bottom sizing as well.

chitownbjj - 
budwhite -

At my last tournament the refs disallowed my Fuji gi because it was too short in the triceps measurement. Everywhere else was fine but I had to scramble to get another gi top.

IMHO, spend an extra $25-$30 and you can get a better all-around gi that you dont have to worry about shrinkage. Check out Killer Bee if you want something in the $100-$110 range (with shipping).

And you can mix-and-match your top and bottom sizing as well.

I'm not opposed to spending a little extra on a competition gi.  I thought my fuji would be fine judging by how it looked but the official wasn't satisfied with it.  I suppose this could be a function of shrinkage. 

I don't mind spending $175 or so, but I want something that will be big enough around the arms but not be a tent everywhere else.

Are there other brands you'd recommend given my issue?

Sorry mang...sounds like you should stop doing curls and going to the gun show.

chitownbjj - Sorry mang...sounds like you should stop doing curls and going to the gun show.

Well done bro! LOL.

In all seriousness, I hardly lift weights anymore.  I lifted when I played football in college and a few years after but that was almost twenty years ago.

Now I'm just an old man looking for a gi that won't get me dq'd and doesn't give my opponent a tent to grab.

Before my match I scarmbled and bought an A5 gi and looked like one of those little kids whose parents want to get him a gi that will fit for three or four years. LOL.

In the absolute finals my opponent actually closed the entire sleeve with my hand still inside like the end of plastic shopping bag.

^^ That was in jest. Email Jesse (jpbellavance@gmail.com) at Killer Bee and he should have a recommendation in regards to your sizing.

Good luck.