Cubicle jobs and desk cleanliness

On my walk/runs I often go by the first floor of a really nice somewhat newly opened corporate HQ building.   They hooked their employees up with this building, rooftop patio overlooking ocean too. 

What gets me though is see how much crap these workers already have all over desks.  Even on weekends when it's closed I can look in and see soda bottles and bags of food and whatnot.  When I had a cublicle job for 5 years back in the day I would be disgusted by how bad other people left it, especially since ours were shared.  If I was team leader or manager I'd tell these fuckers to eat their Fritos at the damn lunch area provided.  

Do you white collar folks keep your shit in order or is it a smorgasbord if you turn your keyboard upside down?

Stacks of research papers, coffee mug, etc. stand by

where i spend all fucking day. here or in meetings. pure filth!

Currently I have on my desk ... 

a phone

text book 

2 notebooks (paper)

3 pens and a highlighter

computer

water cup - currently drinking from

coffee mug - from this morning. 

Banana - to be eaten today 

tissues - for mid afternoon jack session clean up. 

Thats standard. I'd take a pic but I don't think I'm allowed :( 

microbiologynerd - 

My office/cubicle back in the day had similar shit... although about 3 or 4 more piles and each pile was about 5 times as high....

Was a shitshow... but worked for me....

microbiologynerd -

Fairly clean, except for the dishes.

All the personal bullshit on the walls upset you?

My previous manager's cube was a distaster. She was an absolute slob. Embarassing. I always kept bare minumum. No personal effects whatsoever. Like the movie Heat, I wanted to he able to be gone in 30 seconds or less when the heat is around the corner. Sort of a leave no trace methodology. I wanted to essentially ghost out and noone know I ever existed there. Now I work from home. Woohoo! Definitely a lot of slobs in the office though.

lionsoul -
microbiologynerd - 

My office/cubicle back in the day had similar shit... although about 3 or 4 more piles and each pile was about 5 times as high....

Was a shitshow... but worked for me....

Went through a massive cleaning session a fee months ago. Organized and filed a ton of shit

eubie5 -
microbiologynerd -

Fairly clean, except for the dishes.

All the personal bullshit on the walls upset you?

Nah, thsts stuff the wife and kids made, plus pics of them. Go ahead and zoom, still cant see mrs mbn

Serial killer clean

I know they're in there being sloppy . assholes

I kept mine pretty neat and clean at the few office jobs I had. I cant focus when I'm surrounded by a mess. I'm not ocd generally, But the area immediately surrounding where I'm trying to concentrate ends up more orderly than the rest of my life. For example, my garage workshop is much tidier than my kitchen. 

microbiologynerd -

That's acceptable.

And I spy Schrutebucks on the wall... double acceptable.

godzilla, couple of no smoking signs,box of marked up drawings, around 40 drawings of 3 different jobs, 4 highlighters, couple of pens, banana, water bottle, and a phone.

microbiologynerd -

What the hell? No Beckton-Dickinson in sight! Lost my half chubb.

NiteProwleR -

Serial killer clean

Its how I roll.

I currently work for a huge company in a giant open room with about 200 cubicles in it. People are disgusting. We have fleas, flies galore, roaches, mice, and the occasional raccoon. Every once in a while someone rips ass and the whole place has to clear out.

Poorsport22 -
microbiologynerd -

What the hell? No Beckton-Dickinson in sight! Lost my half chubb.

Cant post pics of lab... zombies n shit

My super segregated office room has a shared bottle of Formula 409 sitting on the counter and two rolls of paper towels.  I've never seen another person even touch the bottle of cleaner