Cung Le.....gonna be on top?

he's getting up there, pretty much missed out on his best MMA years fighting a lot mediocre guys in standup

I saw him fight a couple of times in Chicago at the Shidokan tournaments back in like 96'. He won a match by submission. He's good at all aspects of fighting.

He is going to fight at 170? There are a handful of people he will not beat at that weight.

On paper he's solid, but I'm not sold on him being that devastating. His striking's been pretty "meh" from what I've seen of him in San Shou. He wins with scissor takedowns and suplexes on guys who've never been on a mat in their life.
I'm not sure his striking is devastating enough to make him a top 10 guy. Plus, he's not young AND he fights for an organization that won't push him fast enough to make him a contender.
Cung Le will likely end up retiring with an MMA record of something like 6-1. He'll take out another few B-level Strikeforce guys and he'll retire once he takes a loss.

I think the fight with Fryklund will tell us a lot, so far his opponents haven't exactly been top draw.

^ true....

"Cung would manhandle lazy fucks like Leben."

Then he should do it so his fans can stop speculating he "could" do it.

"Cung Le too my knowledge has never talked himself up like that even in San Shou. He always comes across as very humble."

Umm, the Cung I've seen brags about his skills,"I'm going to take him down, show him my scissor sweep, and don't forget, my hands are pretty good too!"

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't think the Fykland fight will tell us anything. He's lost every meaningful fight he's had since 2003. Thomas Denny destroyed him.

Max