Cung Le talks Paul Daley and his new movie.

"The fact that he [Paul] wants to fight me lets me know I'm still here; I'm still a big name fighter. The up and coming guys like Daley want to climb to the top as fast as they can and I think its cool that he wants a fight with me. Right now I'm a little busy but for now grab a ticket and the line forms to the left.

I'll fight anyone. If Strikeforce makes the match and I free up some time, I'm game. When someone calls you out, Strikeforce makes the final decision and it's usually who puts the most butts in the seats. Maybe they build up Paul Daley a little more and get him a bigger fan base and things can happen. Obviously, I'm not going to cut any weight to fight him. He would have to meet me at 185..."

Full Interview

TKD & Shan Shou FTW!!!

I think Daley should fight Melendez. I think he will beat Gilbert and then Diaz will of course want to avenge his teammate, giving it more marketing value.

Cung Le should fight Manhoef!

LOL at "I'll fight anyone". Every fighter he's faced has been tailor made for his style. There's no way he'd fight Hendo, Jacare, or any top guys.

LOL @ Cung Le thinking he's big time. Daley is calling you out because he knows he'll win not because you're the best fight available. 

Cung Le IS BIG NAME!!...he has a huge fan base cause he fights in a style that fans find exciting....I love to see him fight but I think at this stage in Cung"s fighting career, he is almost 40 and tied up in too many projects.... Paul Daley will likely knock him out....let"s face it, the top tier fighters in Strikeforce is just too thin...the top 2-3 fighters in each division is too obvious...just let him fight Diaz already...

Daley called him out at a catchweight didn't he?

jct71 - Daley called him out at a catchweight didn't he?

He did but Cung likes fighting at 185.

First he calls out 155er Noons, at 170, then Cung Le at a catch. Im not a fan of these callouts with a stipulation. "I will fight Lesnar (at 205)". If you are willing to take on a smaller guy, then call out a bigger guy at his weight or dont do it.

jct71 - First he calls out 155er Noons, at 170, then Cung Le at a catch. Im not a fan of these callouts with a stipulation. "I will fight Lesnar (at 205)". If you are willing to take on a smaller guy, then call out a bigger guy at his weight or dont do it.

Agreed. If he wants to fight Cung he has to go to his weight.

TTT

No love for Cung?

jct71 - Daley called him out at a catchweight didn't he?
don't think so, Daley just wants to build a name off of Strikeforce's top guys.  That would be a big fight and I don't think Cung thinks he's big time.  He is big time.  Brother has paid his dues in martial arts and just got into MMA late in his career.  Hollywood is paying him way more now to take care of his family.  He doesn't need to fight if he doesn't have to.  I think he'd come back and fight some big names before he retires but that's it.   

^+1^

Daley would kill Cung and Cung knows it, there is no way Cung takes a fight with a legit striker.

EckY -  Daley would kill Cung and Cung knows it, there is no way Cung takes a fight with a legit striker.

Kill Cung?  Doubtful...  It would be a good fight...  Don't forget about Cung's wrestling abilities and throws.  There's no doubt Daley has good hands but honestly, opportunities like this don't come around often and I know there would be tons of fighters to be in Cung's shoes right now filming movies....  http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1087183/

Doubtful?  Cung has never fought a striker the level of Daley and Cung might get a take down or 2, but Daley would get back up pretty quickly, Koscheck and Shields had problems gettign him and holding him down.

No point discussing it though, its not like Cung will actually accept the fight.

EckY - Doubtful?  Cung has never fought a striker the level of Daley and Cung might get a take down or 2, but Daley would get back up pretty quickly, Koscheck and Shields had problems gettign him and holding him down.

No point discussing it though, its not like Cung will actually accept the fight.

I just don't think SF will put that fight together.  Scott Coker and Cung have an excellent rapport and Cung has not turned down any fights that Coker has presented him.  Daley is a very dangerous opponent for anyone.  All I'm saying is that Daley doesn't have the same draw as Cung does; Cung has more to lose but if SF wanted to make it happen, Daley would have to come up to 185 and Cung wouldn't turn it down....

ttt

EckY - Doubtful?  Cung has never fought a striker the level of Daley and Cung might get a take down or 2, but Daley would get back up pretty quickly, Koscheck and Shields had problems gettign him and holding him down.

You're reaching a bit saying Paul Daley is some kind of exceptional strike. He's good but I'm pretty sure Cung has faced better. I see Cung beak Paul's ribs.