Cung Lee

Grump Gorlla never let's his total lack of knowledge stop him from posting. I think he likes letting everyone know just how stupid he really is

First of all, Iran is one of the top San Shou powers in the world. Second of all, you don't know what Daido Juku is, just admit it. Third of all, if you can't figure out how you get a bronze with ONE LOSS, then you are so f-in retarded all further conversation is moot

"Yousef is the three time national San Shou champion of Iran, former Daido Juku champion, and at the time Cung called me, Yousef had a SAN SHOU record of 89-0-1"

There's always talk about the lack of quality fighters and instruction on San Shou/Sanda in the US...

Honestly Dave, is Iranian National San Shou champ an impressive title?

Max

as I said, if you can't even figure out how you get a bronze with ONE LOSS, then you are so f-in retarded all further conversation with you is moot

CoachTaylor wins the grand prize :)

Grumpy, you are RETARDED, no, you don't lose to two people to get third place, again, the fact you can't grasp something so simple shows what a f-in idiot you are

San Shou worlds are a 32 man tournament, you win three times so there are only four people left and you lose in the next (semi final) round. The two winners of the semi finals go to the finals and fight for 2nd and third, the losers fight for 3rd and 4th. So you get third win ONE LOSS

draw yourself a picture if it's too hard for you to grasp, use a crayon

cung is a badass all around

There's always talk about the lack of quality fighters and instruction on San Shou/Sanda in the US. no the problem is quantity not quality. There aren't many san shou teams. around. San Shou wasn't introduced to the US until '95.But since then it's only gotten better. and san shou guys are usually experienced in fighting in other formats (muay thai, judo, mma)Croft, there is an excellent San Shou team in Boston.It's my opinion that future teams will come from MMA-based schools like Master Bob Schirmer in Chicago, Metro fight club (Brad Burrick) Our club shameless plug Link (I've been training san shou since '96) & other guys who see that San Shou is an excellent format to test their integrated standup skills.4 years ago mma was bjj & muay thai. Now years later and hundreds of fights later people understand that it's what goes on between these ranges that dictates most fights. What are they doing? wrestling and judo. San shou is a culmination of the stand up combat arts. Just like mma has always said that "too many rules hurt the combat sport's fighting skills" now people interested in these things can test striking, clinching, shoots, throws in one exciting format. If you think "I can do throws/takedowns, I wrestled!" - You've never tried it while someone was trying to punch your lights out. If you think "I can punch, kick & knee. I know boxing/ muay thai" - You've never tried it while someone tied you up and suplexed you..

Daido Juku is a style full-contact karate allowing punches to the face and throws as well. Very popular in Japan. Semmy Schilt was world champion of this style a while back. He is not doing too bad in MMA. :)

In my book, anyone who wins a Shidokan tournament is a badass. Shonie Carter and Cung Le are indeed badasses.

KickU2.

San Shou is quite rough. The THROWs and TAKEDOWNs are design for the OHHHHH AWEEEEEE effect...u really get elevated which = more injuries. I really do san shou being successful in the future.

I'd never heard of San Shou before this thread. I don't really need to dispute if it's the end all be all or not to know this man has mad game.

On Friday I'm kicking it talking to people and some little guy I've never heard of comes out for a fight and I'm like WTF? Then I watch this guy dismantle a game fighter. AND he didn't gas. Maybe he has, but he got better as time went on.

TTT for Cung.....

the trolls keep coming, even when they can't solve basic math problems....

lkmfdc - you come correct but why are you always an asshole - you are an embarrassment to your students. You have a major superiority complex. You obviously know a lot about san sho but why do you have to insult everyone just because the are not as enlightened as you?

this thread is gay like the judo vs bjj

I like how "nobody trains for san shou" when you've got plenty of people on this forum who've competed in it. I can think of at least 7 members who've fought in it or have coached fighters to fight in it. If we're so small, insignificant, and unskilled; then hey, come and compete. Take over our puny little sport. I could use more fighters who drop to their knees everytime I go for a takedown.

jkkazier, if I understand you correctly, it's ok for these idiots to attack Cung, say shit about him, MAKE STUFF UP that isn't true, etc but when I point out they are the idiots that they are, I'm being an asshole?

All you have to do is READ and you can see blind hate that defies not only logic but FACTS, add to this the made up conspiracy theory nonsense and you have guys who, sorry to be blunt, ARE idiots, I just call them as I see them

"Gator man is so incorrect, he might as well marry the incorrect and let it do him in the butt.... " LOL!!!

I wasn't isolating it to this thread - it seems to be your demeanor all the time. You have gotten yourself in trouble in the past. I remember you bruce lee thread which was a lame attempt to make yourself look better by putting someone else down. You were vary disrespectful through out the thread and phatboy called you on it. I forget who challenged who(i believe it was actually you but uncertain) but when it came down to it you backed out. It makes you look foolish.

if you want, who would want to I don't know, re-read that thread, because you don't seem to have summarized it correctly...

but where is your condemnation of the stupid stuff being posted by the others?

ttt for Cung Le!! and the cock MMA fans that don't even fight but just troll. lol

Talks cheap ladies!(insults not opinions)Glove up and show me how its done.Or at least post your name so I can respect your post alittle more or slap ya upside your head for being a insulting punkass bitch.
Scott Sheeley