Curious. Please help (med. marijuana prices).

I was just watching news and saw a piece about medical marijuana now being on sale in D.C. They showed some stuff around one shop (including some price labels) and it reminded me of something I've wondered in the past.

Stuff at this place they showed was like $70/half-quarter. And any documentary things I've seen showing California shops I've always noticed the prices were similarly high (no pun intended).

Is this really the norm in legit shops?

Anyone on prescription?

I don't understand how anyone could afford buying from a dispensary if pot was actually a daily required medicine for them.

Thanks for your input. Phone Post 3.0

Sub for knowledge Phone Post 3.0

FRAT: Medical pot seems expensive. How do people afford that shit? Phone Post 3.0

Expensive? I purchased a gram of white widow in San Diego for 13a gram.

Medical marijuana is expensive. People afford it by having better jobs than you lol. Phone Post

ArthurKnoqOut - Expensive? I purchased a gram of white widow in San Diego for 13a gram.
How much is a gram? I only know 1/4 bags and ounces Phone Post 3.0

a half quarter? you mean an 1/8th.

That is very expensive. I buy popular weed strands off of a guy at work for 55 an 1/8th, and I find that rather expensive.

AllAmericanBoxing - Medical marijuana is expensive. People afford it by having better jobs than you lol. Phone Post
I'm not on a prescription nor will I be getting one.

I could easily afford it, just asking why it is so high.

I have an MBA and am a corporate banker. My job pays just fine thank you. Nice assumptions though. Phone Post 3.0

shootfighterbull - a half quarter? you mean an 1/8th.

That is very expensive. I buy popular weed strands off of a guy at work for 55 an 1/8th, and I find that rather expensive.
Local lingo I guess?

I realize it's an eighth of an ounce :) maybe it's a Canadianism...

I've paid anywhere from 170 to 300 for an ounce, ranging from shit to amazing quality at most ranges in there. Phone Post 3.0

It's $60 for an 1/8th ounce in west texas and you never know what you might get. Phone Post

30-40$ for an 8th for medical grade weed here in Michigan, some of the best weed out there too! You guys are getting ripped off. Phone Post 3.0

In Colorado, I know... a friend... who purchased a zip (an ounce) for $150, which is very cheap. Street prices are $320-$350, depending on who you go through and friend pricing.

North Texas zip 300 I once heard of a ninja and its always dank as fuck. 50 1/8, and 90 1/4 , 20 a g Phone Post 3.0

$40-$50 for an 1/8 here. $270 an oz if you know the guy. Phone Post 3.0

I paid $30 for an 1/8 in Louisiana, I suspect it was shitty weed as I have never had medical grade stuff.

Do you guys use less of the medical grade and in the end it works out the same ? Phone Post 3.0

In Colorado a "half quarter" runs about 30 dollars for top shelf

15 for the cheaper shit

15??? Holy shit am I ready for legalization. Phone Post

Buying at shops is idiotic IMO.

They have huge overhead, rent, electric, equipment, employees, etc...

Why pay double what you pay from a regular dealer?

I can get Oz's all day long at 120 bucks here in Seattle. KILLER shit too. 80 for nasty shit.

Barbasol - I paid $30 for an 1/8 in Louisiana, I suspect it was shitty weed as I have never had medical grade stuff.

Do you guys use less of the medical grade and in the end it works out the same ? Phone Post 3.0

The trouble is, there is no such thing as medical grade.

Anyone can get the license to be a grower, then sell to shops.

The legal med shops aren't getting weed from some magical place. In Washington at least, it's got to be grown in Washington. So,  90 percent of the time its weed you can buy from a street dealer for less.

Shops don't offer better weed. They do offer, a clean safe enviorment.

in CO the weed is far superior in both price and quality from a dispensary than from a street dealer.

hardly anyone gets weed from dealers anymore. they just buy it from ppl with cards.