Curious. Please help (med. marijuana prices).

gregbrady - in CO the weed is far superior in both price and quality from a dispensary than from a street dealer.

hardly anyone gets weed from dealers anymore. they just buy it from ppl with cards.

Interesting, I wonder why the gap?

I get mine (I smoke very little) from a friend who is a heavy smoker. He said he never knows what he's getting, has no clue what strain it is. His dealer just tells him it's Ok, Good or Great and prices accordingly.

I would be lost if I had choices Phone Post 3.0

12SixElbow -
gregbrady - in CO the weed is far superior in both price and quality from a dispensary than from a street dealer.

hardly anyone gets weed from dealers anymore. they just buy it from ppl with cards.

My guess is the same reason Wal Mart is cheaper. Buy in bulk sell it cheaper.

As much as weed people hate "Corporations" if it ever fully legal at the Fed level, Corporate farms will take over. Phone Post 3.0

$60/quarter

In San Diego. Phone Post 3.0

the dispensary i use in BC i pay 8 bucks a gram 175oz. sometimes 5 bucks a gram. i picked up an eighth of hindu kush 5g of northern lights and two 44g bottles of edible medicinal honey(bee honey not oil) for $55 on wed

Barbasol - 
12SixElbow -

My guess is the same reason Wal Mart is cheaper. Buy in bulk sell it cheaper.

As much as weed people hate "Corporations" if it ever fully legal at the Fed level, Corporate farms will take over. Phone Post 3.0

Interesting...

Here, so many dealers are the growers... It doesn't get any cheaper / better than the farmer himself.

Yeah I am astounded from what I hear some of you pay for MEDICAL grade, stuff...Someone said 60 bucks for an 8th and you don't know what you might get - sounds like a typical NYC dealer if you don't have access to a delivery "service". My buddy works for a service and they charge a lot too BUT you know EXACTLY what you're getting with them and they have edibles that, SWIM makes.

They have a minimum of 2 grams, comes in a sealed package with description of the item (pics below) and it's 50 bucks, so it's 25 dollars a gram. I get it for about 12-15 a gram but it's still a bit more than some dispensaries I've been to BUT on par with Amsterdam. White Widow and Super Silver Haze at Green House (VICE - King of Cannabis spot) is about 10-11 euros a gram so about 14-16 bucks after conversion.

This service's 1/8ths are about 75 for a member and about 45-50 for myself.

The thing is, especially if you've heard the Ari Shaffir podcast, 99% of dealers here in NYC are one of these assholes you call and say "yo can you swing by? I need one (bag)". And that "bag" can be .5-.8 (if you're lucky) of a gram. If you ask for an 8th you may still be ripped off lol

So, the delivery services are able to charge a hefty amount but for top notch medically grown grade stuff...

The industry here is done by bags not by weight which is sooo mickey mouse I cannot even describe it.

Pics I promised:

http://i.imgur.com/yZosjLR.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5uic7VF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/fYw9p04.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/RHA7RRp.jpg

^

Most of the LA dispensaries have great product at anywhere from $30-50 for 1/8 oz. It's competitive here, so you'll see some shops advertising a $40 Cap, which just means that every eighth is 40 or less, etc. Phone Post 3.0

QuinTheEskimo - 

It's $60 for an 1/8th ounce in west texas and you never know what you might get. Phone Post

Yeah north texas sucks too

My Niece lives in corona, ca and gets 1/8ths for 40 from the dispensaries.

Look here fuckers this is how it should be universally. 10/ gram, 60/ quarter, 120/ half and 220/ounce. Anything other than there's prices is ridiculous Phone Post 3.0

level4 - Most of the LA dispensaries have great product at anywhere from $30-50 for 1/8 oz. It's competitive here, so you'll see some shops advertising a $40 Cap, which just means that every eighth is 40 or less, etc. Phone Post 3.0

its been a year or so since i let my script lapse, but when I was picking up from the dispensary the prices were at these levels (Santa Monica/West LA area).

If you are paying upwards of $70 for an 1/8th at a dispensary, you are getting ripped off OR they better offer something to warrant the high prices (free blowjobs maybe?). Theres a dispensary by my house that sells in the 55-75 range for an 1/8th. I cant understand why anyone would go there but theyve been around forever now.

Barbasol - I get mine (I smoke very little) from a friend who is a heavy smoker. He said he never knows what he's getting, has no clue what strain it is. His dealer just tells him it's Ok, Good or Great and prices accordingly.

I would be lost if I had choices Phone Post 3.0

lol
Same here in Ohio.
We cant pick it out of a jar on the shelf, you get what your man has got

Barbasol - I paid $30 for an 1/8 in Louisiana, I suspect it was shitty weed as I have never had medical grade stuff.

Do you guys use less of the medical grade and in the end it works out the same ? Phone Post 3.0

I never saw anything but what they called "mids" )and we call "commercial" here in Maine) when I was in the N'awlins area. Total garbage compared to what we grow here and it was more expensive. Seedy brown Mexican brick weed is all I saw. (this was 2006)

On my second trip down I was staying in Pearl River, Mississppi and brought a decent quantity of regular outdoor green bud, stuff called Mazar. Sold out in a week at 40 an eight, 75 a quart. You'd have thought I invented the stuff I was so popular around town.

ArthurKnoqOut - Yeah I am astounded from what I hear some of you pay for MEDICAL grade, stuff...Someone said 60 bucks for an 8th and you don't know what you might get - sounds like a typical NYC dealer if you don't have access to a delivery "service". My buddy works for a service and they charge a lot too BUT you know EXACTLY what you're getting with them and they have edibles that, SWIM makes.

They have a minimum of 2 grams, comes in a sealed package with description of the item (pics below) and it's 50 bucks, so it's 25 dollars a gram. I get it for about 12-15 a gram but it's still a bit more than some dispensaries I've been to BUT on par with Amsterdam. White Widow and Super Silver Haze at Green House (VICE - King of Cannabis spot) is about 10-11 euros a gram so about 14-16 bucks after conversion.

This service's 1/8ths are about 75 for a member and about 45-50 for myself.

The thing is, especially if you've heard the Ari Shaffir podcast, 99% of dealers here in NYC are one of these assholes you call and say "yo can you swing by? I need one (bag)". And that "bag" can be .5-.8 (if you're lucky) of a gram. If you ask for an 8th you may still be ripped off lol

So, the delivery services are able to charge a hefty amount but for top notch medically grown grade stuff...

The industry here is done by bags not by weight which is sooo mickey mouse I cannot even describe it.

Pics I promised:

http://i.imgur.com/yZosjLR.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5uic7VF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/fYw9p04.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/RHA7RRp.jpg

Wish we had this service in chitown Phone Post 3.0

While I was visiting Denver I found weed off some chick for 10 a gram of some very quality Jack Herrer. Needless to say I bought 3 bags. Phone Post

70 for an eigth of top or near top shelf isnt unheard of. I wont buy it because your best values are in the 45-65 range. And buy one get one (two 1/8ths, one 1/4) for 75 at a place around the corner is decent enough for me for the quantity. Phone Post

GS27 - Look here fuckers this is how it should be universally. 10/ gram, 60/ quarter, 120/ half and 220/ounce. Anything other than there's prices is ridiculous Phone Post 3.0

60 for a quarter is going to get you some bum ass weed in Cali. Its like choosing three McDoubles instead of one Umami Burger. Phone Post

From the dispensaries in San Jose I can get quality 1/8's anywhere from $20-$60. So it can be pricey but it can just as easily not be very pricey at all. Really depends where you live too. In graced to live where the quality and quantity are both incredible. I've never actually used one but I know there's delivery services as well. Phone Post 3.0