Cyborg needs to stop calling herself a "Champion"

Cristiane Cyborg has been saying frequently in interviews and statements that she is the 145-pound women's champion, and that Ronda Rousey should be moving up to meet her at that weight. A direct quote from the statement Santos released through Aaron Tru's website:

"She claims she is the “Champion” and openly challenges me to fight at 135lbs. (She competed in the Beijing Olympics at 70kg/154lbs, and fought at 145lbs in MMA till she learned she would have to fight me, and then dropped to 135lbs.) Which I find laughable. I have never fought below 145lbs, and I am considered the pound for pond top women fighter in the WORLD! I have yet to lose a fight while holding the Strike Force 145lbs title. My last fight was considered a no contest, but that has NOT changed the fact that I AM the women’s 145lbs CHAMPION."

Prior to Strikeforce creating a 145-pound weight class due to Gina Carano Caranoing all the time, there was no such title. Santos was stripped of this title after testing positive for steroids in a fight she came in seven pounds over the limit. Yet in her statement, Cyborg mocks Rousey's "champion" status, delusionally ignoring that Rousey is in fact the women's 135-pound champion.

Interestingly, the Strikeforce website doesn't even show a vacated champion at 145 pounds. Take a peek:

http://www.strikeforce.com/fighter

There are men's 155, 170, 185, 205, and Heavyweight champions acknowledged, even showing the 205 title as vacant. The only women's title shown is Rousey at 135. Strikeforce isn't saving a title or looking to create one at 145.

Santos is a still-suspended, currently stripped former titlist of a weight class that crowns no champion. Taking the constant position in interviews that she is the "real" champion and that Rousey needs to chase her belt is laughable. Time for a reality check, ma'am.

agreed. She is not the champ. She was once a champ of a defunct wait class

umm she is the champ just because she got in trouble doesnt mean anything she was never stripped of the title.  Listen what the fuck is everyone talking about how is it not a simple fact that cyborg will destroy any girl anywhere.  Steroids or not she is a genetic freak with man power in her fists no chick stands a chance.  I am not a cyborg fan at all by the way, the truth is the truth.  I dont like A silva but he is def Top 3 GOAT ever and i hate to admit that shit.  

she`s the champ.........of the juice

Maverick3744 -  umm she is the champ just because she got in trouble doesnt mean anything she was never stripped of the title.  Listen what the fuck is everyone talking about how is it not a simple fact that cyborg will destroy any girl anywhere.  Steroids or not she is a genetic freak with man power in her fists no chick stands a chance.  I am not a cyborg fan at all by the way, the truth is the truth.  I dont like A silva but he is def Top 3 GOAT ever and i hate to admit that shit.  

Actually, brah, Cyborg was stripped of the title. Some linky-links for you:

http://www.mmaweekly.com/cris-cyborg-santos-stripped-of-title-end-of-the-145lb-division

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cristiane_Santos

She is NOT the Strikeforce Women's 145-pound champion anymore.

She got rightfully stripped of her fraudulent title

You are right. sHe is not the champ. sHe cheated and got caught. sHe now has to jump through the hoops to get a fight. Part of the trouble of getting caught cheating. Phone Post

Maverick3744 -  umm she is the champ just because she got in trouble doesnt mean anything she was never stripped of the title.  Listen what the fuck is everyone talking about how is it not a simple fact that cyborg will destroy any girl anywhere.  Steroids or not she is a genetic freak with man power in her fists no chick stands a chance.  I am not a cyborg fan at all by the way, the truth is the truth.  I dont like A silva but he is def Top 3 GOAT ever and i hate to admit that shit.  

Her weight class only has her in it. She is the champ of shit.

She literally is in a class of her own :)

Utah get me two - 

Actually, brah, Cyborg was stripped of the title. Some linky-links for you:

http://www.mmaweekly.com/cris-cyborg-santos-stripped-of-title-end-of-the-145lb-division

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cristiane_Santos

She is NOT the Strikeforce Women's 145-pound champion anymore.

oh ok my bad then but she is still one bad ass biatch

Do people hate Royce this much for juicing? Weird.

Google search Roy Jones Jr failed drug test Indiana sometime. I guess you hate his guts too?

I am completely anti juicers don't get me wrong. It's just odd how some juicers are still Ok with the fans. Fascinating really.

Black Belt Wrestling - Do people hate Royce this much for juicing? Weird.

Google search Roy Jones Jr failed drug test Indiana sometime. I guess you hate his guts too?

I am completely anti juicers don't get me wrong. It's just odd how some juicers are still Ok with the fans. Fascinating really.

it's not that she got caught. Many have. The thing about Cyborg is that she has no intention not to juice. It's like she's addicted to it to the point where she's about to retire rather than stop. Clearly if she stopped she could get down to 135 and be a top competitor, but she would rather not and she's being an arrogant imbecile about it.

How does a discussion about Santos lying to media translate to "hate her guts"? I'm a huge fan of her fighting style, but she was caught cheating, is stripped and suspended, yet still claims a title to bolster her demands for a big-money fight at a weight class that no longer exists.

Too

many

words

dwc - Linear champ

didnt lose

Didn't win either. In fact, she cheated and got caught... Sounds like a lose to me.. Phone Post

dwc -
aaronlynton -
dwc - Linear champ

didnt lose

Didn't win either. In fact, she cheated and got caught... Sounds like a lose to me.. Phone Post

Santos defeated Carano via TKO (punches) at 4:59 of round 1 to become the inaugural Strikeforce Women's Featherweight Champion.

And hasn't lost since Phone Post

This shouldn't be that hard for OP. Phone Post

cheesesteak - 

it's not that she got caught. Many have. The thing about Cyborg is that she has no intention not to juice. It's like she's addicted to it to the point where she's about to retire rather than stop. Clearly if she stopped she could get down to 135 and be a top competitor, but she would rather not and she's being an arrogant imbecile about it.

thats a load of shit, roids or not she would still be huge and you know why?

Cause she will still lift weights and throw evangelista and tito around like they were infants, she trains at chute box and those guys probavly beat the living shit out of her for years, i bet you no one pushes ronda like that cause they are afraid they will hurt that pretty facr ot vreak her nails.

If your saying cyborg should stop training likr a man and stop lifiting weights and lose the muscle your a complete piece of shit.

I actually think cyborg could make it to 135, and when she is weighing in i brt everyone looks at her body and would say "god i havrnt had a mcrib in forever" that girl would be skin and bone.

man meets fate - 
cheesesteak - 

Cause she will still lift weights and throw evangelista and tito around like they were infants, she trains at chute box and those guys probavly beat the living shit out of her for years, i bet you no one pushes ronda like that cause they are afraid they will hurt that pretty facr ot vreak her nails.

If your saying cyborg should stop training likr a man and stop lifiting weights and lose the muscle your a complete piece of shit.

I actually think cyborg could make it to 135, and when she is weighing in i brt everyone looks at her body and would say "god i havrnt had a mcrib in forever" that girl would be skin and bone.

Are you fucking retarded?

cheesesteak - 
man meets fate - 
cheesesteak - 

Are you fucking retarded?

obviouslly you guys are, roids or not that girl will still be fucking huge, she not going to lose 10 or 15lvd of musclr unless she stops training, she will always be able yo yhrow big guys around till the day she dies( or just gets really old) whrn they test her agin you guys are going to ve sgocked at how fucking huge she still is and passes a piss test.

You know what cyborg can just fight tara le rosa(wherever she is) and that girl from invicta sarah something when she comes back.