Cyborg vs Amanda Nunes on UFC 224, on May 24

https://www.google.com.br/amp/s/sportv.globo.com/google/amp/https://sportv.globo.com/site/combate/noticia/ultimate-planeja-ufc-rio-9-para-26-de-maio-e-intencao-e-ter-cyborg-x-amanda-no-card.ghtml

May 26, sorry. Fight will be in Rio.

i wait until the confirmation

Get A Grip Dude -

Interesting booking by the UFC. Put their legitimate 135lb champ against their significantly heavier 145lb champ who is openly talking about going to Bellator.

If Cyborg wins, will she be the undisputed #1 p4p WMMA fighter?

She will have wrecked the two women who destroyed Rousey.

Good.

Biggest fight in WMMA. Respect to both.

Fighters will do whatever the UFC wants if it means a good payday. I don't blame them. However the UFC clearly has lost their mind. Instead of having 2 champs being promoted they're looking to dethrone one...  more money short term instead of longtern. Smh. Nothing makes sense anymore..   

Simplicity -

Fighters will do whatever the UFC wants if it means a good payday. I don't blame them. However the UFC clearly has lost their mind. Instead of having 2 champs being promoted they're looking to dethrone one...  more money short term instead of longtern. Smh. Nothing makes sense anymore..   

They want to dethrone Nunes

JustAnotherMMAFan - 
Get A Grip Dude -

Interesting booking by the UFC. Put their legitimate 135lb champ against their significantly heavier 145lb champ who is openly talking about going to Bellator.

If the fight happens and she wins, she's absolutely the GOAT. 

I'll believe it when Cyborg confirms it and they weigh in.

BrckNoHitBk -
Simplicity -

They want to dethrone Nunes

No because the fight is at 145 so Nunes will still be 135 champ - just the UFC will have totally delegitimised her.

FWIW, Nunes is a better matchup for Cyborg than Holly. Nunes’ brawling style plays into Cyborg’s strengths and I expect Cyborg to win.

Nunes is going to be the first woman to punch Chborg back as hard as Cyborg is slinging.  She’s got cleaner straight punches and has developed similar strength.  

This should be a great fight.  Nunes has gotten better damn near ever Time I’ve seen her fight.  I can’t wait to see how Cyborg handles being the nail.  

I’mGhayForJhay -

Nunes is going to be the first woman to punch Chborg back as hard as Cyborg is slinging.  She’s got cleaner straight punches and has developed similar strength.  

This should be a great fight.  Nunes has gotten better damn near ever Time I’ve seen her fight.  I can’t wait to see how Cyborg handles being the nail.  

The difference here is the chin... Cyborg’s chin is a lot better.

Another bait and switch by the UFC.

Nunes will pull out last second.

Get A Grip Dude -
JustAnotherMMAFan - 
Get A Grip Dude -

I don't think a fighter who is significantly heavier than everyone she fights can ever be p4p anything.

Nunes was 160 when she signed a contract for a short-notice fight 8 weeks away. Holly is 155. Ronda went into her fights around 148-150.

Cyborg is 168 in the ring after fight camp and weight cut.

A lightweight who spent her career fighting cans and bantamweights (or smaller) at featherweight isn’t the goat, she has nothing on megumi (and that’s before you factor in the PED enhancement she’s unfairly benefited/ benefits from).

Should be a good fight and bombs will fly from both sides. Doing it in Brazil makes sense. Not sure who the fans will cheer for.

Still a bit strange that the UFC is doing this fight.

*fingers crossed

StrikingMMA - Should be a good fight and bombs will fly from both sides. Doing it in Brazil makes sense. Not sure who the fans will cheer for.

They will cheer for Cyborg. The crowd was histerical when she entered the octagon the two times she fought in Brazil.

JustAnotherMMAFan -
StrikingMMA - Should be a good fight and bombs will fly from both sides. Doing it in Brazil makes sense. Not sure who the fans will cheer for.

They will cheer for Cyborg. The crowd was histerical when she entered the octagon the two times she fought in Brazil.

who’s the backup? in case nunez pulls out, cause there are no ticket refunds in rio

Get A Grip Dude -
JustAnotherMMAFan - 
Get A Grip Dude -

I don't think a fighter who is significantly heavier than everyone she fights can ever be p4p anything.

Nunes was 160 when she signed a contract for a short-notice fight 8 weeks away. Holly is 155. Ronda went into her fights around 148-150.

Cyborg is 168 in the ring after fight camp and weight cut.

All good points