D.C.: Throwing an "after party" for Jones not wise

Molsonmuscle360 -
fna -
Uppercutz -

I noticed the ads for Jones signing experience. Dudes charging ppl for a signed photo etc, 

pretty desperate stuff 

Literally every pro athlete that has even the remotest form of noteriety does this. I remember a local sports convention thing in the cincy area from 2015 where Chris fucking sabo was charging $35 a pop for his autograph. Extra $$ for pictures 

Wrong.  It's guys that are considered total douchebags in their sport, or totally fucking broke that do this kind of shit.  People like Pete Rose and Tom Barrasshole

Nah you clearly don't know what you're talking about. 

http://nsccshow.com/autograph-information/

heres a convention this summer in Chicago. Cal Ripken, Barry sanders and Alex Rodriguez are all broke? Kris Bryant did one of these conventions during the offseason. And these guys charge $250-550 depending on the item you get signed.

Emmitt smith at the 2015 Chicago convention was charging $200 for a photo and an extra $100+ on top of his signing fee to add 'super bowl champ' or 'NFL MVP' to his signature. They all do it. Just do a little research to sound less dumb in the future 

I really like DC, but he needs to stop talking about Jones.

None of his biz if Jones wants to carouse somewhere.

fna -
Molsonmuscle360 -
fna -
Uppercutz -

I noticed the ads for Jones signing experience. Dudes charging ppl for a signed photo etc, 

pretty desperate stuff 

Literally every pro athlete that has even the remotest form of noteriety does this. I remember a local sports convention thing in the cincy area from 2015 where Chris fucking sabo was charging $35 a pop for his autograph. Extra $$ for pictures 

Wrong.  It's guys that are considered total douchebags in their sport, or totally fucking broke that do this kind of shit.  People like Pete Rose and Tom Barrasshole

Nah you clearly don't know what you're talking about. 

http://nsccshow.com/autograph-information/

heres a convention this summer in Chicago. Cal Ripken, Barry sanders and Alex Rodriguez are all broke? Kris Bryant did one of these conventions during the offseason. And these guys charge $250-550 depending on the item you get signed.

Emmitt smith at the 2015 Chicago convention was charging $200 for a photo and an extra $100+ on top of his signing fee to add 'super bowl champ' or 'NFL MVP' to his signature. They all do it. Just do a little research to sound less dumb in the future 

Lol. 

temp154226 - I really like DC, but he needs to stop talking about Jones.

Cormier wants the rematch. He wants to avenge his loss to Jones (not saying he will, just that it's fueling him) and he'd like the fat pay check associated with it.

So he's making Jones' extra curricular activities his business.

Taco muncher -
temp154226 - I really like DC, but he needs to stop talking about Jones.

Cormier wants the rematch. He wants to avenge his loss to Jones (not saying he will, just that it's fueling him) and he'd like the fat pay check associated with it.

So he's making Jones' extra curricular activities his business.

Shit, Jones won't even bring him a fat paycheck if you're talking PPV buys. He was an above average draw at best before and his last stinker against OSP coupled with his inactivity and general douchiness probably won't lead to any big numbers. 

Molsonmuscle360 -
fna -
Uppercutz -

pretty desperate stuff 

Virgil.

Brabatross -
Shanebone - Maybe the after party is only stocked with pepsi?
I think Jon prefers coke.
Fuck, good point.

Molsonmuscle360 - 
fna -
Uppercutz -

pretty desperate stuff 

Every athlete charges for autographs in some manner.

Whether an athlete sets up an organized signing like Jones, or Pete Rose, or Emmitt Smith and Jerry Rice do for Tristar in Vegas, or someone like Gretzky, Jordan and Jeter are contracted through UpperDeck who then insert the cards or redemptions into $100+ packs of cards, at the end of the day the athlete charges for their signature.

Now does that mean they dont ever sign autographs for free?

Of course not, but it is an additional source of revenue for both retired and current players. I know for a fact Jordan's contract with UpperDeck pays him over $300 per autograph he signs.

And it used to be a lot more when he was actually playing.

jTheHybridwolff - 
jgiveshead - "he really shouldn't be in Buffalo at all"

Not defending the party animal, but just being real. Jones is from upstate NY. Buffalo is upstate NY. Should Jones just stay home that night? Let's give respect where it's due. Jones is the best fighter of our generation. If he doesn't show up, that would be a shame.

Cormier's just trying to sell the rematch.

Buffalo is western Ny not upstate Ny 

It's all considered upstate if it's not NYC or LI.

D.C. is just scared he has to fight Jones again. 

Mr. embrace the grind got outwrestled by Jones and it messed with him badly. 

Figure it was 5th round of a fight where he knew he needed a finish and was losing on all cards. 

What did D.C. do?

Went for the moral victory of scoring ONE takedown. 

Which he got.  

Which Jones popped right back up from. 

Cormier was so fried by being outwrestled that he took a takedown as his win rather than trying to land shots. 

Jones is in his head so badly that he owns the deed to the property. 

Cormier knows he's Union Cane. 

He never beat Balboa. 

Maybe it ends in a Lee Murray street fight in dress shoes outside the afterparty but Cormier is more focused on the guy seated cageside than Rumble. 

For good reasons. 

Cormier beats Rumble again. 

He cant beat Jones. 

Jones shouldnt around any bar or party serving alcohol. Come on Jones stay away from that shit .

Rumble is a dangerous opponent. Cormier would be well advised to try to get Jones out of his head until after the fight.

MountainMedic - Isn't a fighter under suspension not allowed to be anywhere near a pro fight scenario?
That's what I thought

MountainMedic - Isn't a fighter under suspension not allowed to be anywhere near a pro fight scenario?

Bones just got real life 'modded'! 

Shanebone -
Brabatross -
Shanebone - Maybe the after party is only stocked with pepsi?
I think Jon prefers coke.
Fuck, good point.

lol

DC is correct.
LOL

Later

Molsonmuscle360 -
fna -
Uppercutz -

pretty desperate stuff 

Lol no. 

Have you ever been to a convention before? That's how everyone makes their money. Whether it's athletes, actors, musicians, etc.

Fucking Felicity Jones is charging $300 USD for a photo at the Star Wars celebration. Only one I'm lining up for is Lando. Mother fucker just turned 80!

might as well start setting up the payday for the next fight with jones next, so you can retire when he wins again. 

makes complete sense, and DC deserves a big payday. 

Sarsaparilla Slim -
Molsonmuscle360 -
fna -
Uppercutz -

pretty desperate stuff 

Lol no. 

Have you ever been to a convention before? That's how everyone makes their money. Whether it's athletes, actors, musicians, etc.

Fucking Felicity Jones is charging $300 USD for a photo at the Star Wars celebration. Only one I'm lining up for is Lando. Mother fucker just turned 80!

That's mostly old broke guys though.  If you go up and ask most current athletes, only the complete cunts are going to ask for money.  Now it's totally understandable if they just tell you to fuck off because they are busy, or you are interrupting them or something.  But a millionaire asking a normal dude for $20 for a scribble outside a burger joint is just crazy