Daghestan wrestling

http://download.yousendit.com/E303A7375F2290DA

Ashy I need your comments :-)!

Btw Daghestan & Ossetia are the main freestyle wrestlers/Judo tank for Russia

Didn't Volk Han come from Dagestan?

I do not see Video

download the k-lite full pack , then play it on a real player

Chiave,

Are you sure? Haven't you noticed that my, often, ranting insane perspective has the unfortunate habit of killing your video threads dead. Although my diatribe on
Steve's thread about Kirkpinar's hands down pants was of reasonable quality. lol

How's the Bjj going? You must be brown by now (eh)?

I am out of town, and at a library computer, and the darn thing would not work. I freaked out, yelled, threatened library staff, and even took my cloths off for a brief period, but nothing seemed to make the video play. Computors!

See ya!
I have to go and explore this city.

Glenn

Im no longer in bjj , but deep into judo
The video is worth to watch as u inderstand the origin of body contact in sambo ( uranage especialy) wich based on judo first and then on various indigenous wrestling folkstyle ( kurach , koch , chidaoba , etc )
My 2cents

Is there any other way to view the video? I'm at work and I can't download k-lite. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You have to pay for the K-Lite Full Pack?

There are free downloads.

Double handed belt uchimata... I gotta try that! Almost every former USSR republic had their own national wrestling styles. It's great that we can see some of those curtesy of our resident video jedi chaive.

Direct link to download the full k-lite codecs :

ftp://ftp.volftp.tiscali.it/pub/pc/windows/winnt50/driver/video/klcodec271f.exe

chiave, thanks for the download info - fially got to see the video. Real neat! are the wrestlers wearing judogi tops? is it like Kurash where in the old days they wore their everyday-wear traditional crossover-type jackets with belt and adapted judogi-type jackets reently?

Does Dagestani wrestling require you to hold on to the opponent's belt at all times? Looks like it - interesting that several wrestling styles follow this rule - I think Korean Ssireum does the same.

"as u inderstand the origin of body contact in sambo"

Chiave,

That is very kind of you, but you may have me confused with another person who's personal hygeine is above reproach, not beneath.

I have seen that third orange belt fighter in international Judo. I think????? It looked a little like Savkichavine sp?(Rus). Notice how some of the fighters tried to finish in newaza?

Again, it has the same 'twisting out at the last minute' quality that Josh spoke of in the Mongolian video. The mongolian wrestlers were of higher quality though.

Very tribal.

Glenn

That second orange belt was wearing high-heeled boots that we all wore in high school back in the 70's and early 80s. Sensei Osaekomi knows what I am talking about. So does Sambo Steve. Maybe?

If I had access to a time machine, I'd return to the era. But, not to assasinate Phol Pot, or buy Apple stock, or punch a teenage Michael Jackson in the face, NO! But rather, to simply make better decisions regarding choice of footwear. Thats all!

Imagine walking on the shiai mat with those clogs on. The "hansoku make" would ring in your ears for days.

Footwear seems to be a sensitive cultural issue in the far east, so I am going to reserve further comment. lol

Chiave,

Are you still studying these days? I am definitely thinking of returning to univ. in the next while. Not sure for what, though.

Glenn

Ashy i graduated ( Msc Finance) back in 03 ,im into capital markets right now

"If I had access to a time machine, I'd return to the era. But, not to assasinate Phol Pot, or buy Apple stock, or punch a teenage Michael Jackson in the face, NO! But rather, to simply make better decisions regarding choice of footwear. Thats all"

Dude - I had Apple stock in 1981.....got impatient and sold it two years later. I am such an idiot.

I, too, had a pair of those high heeled shoes.

Ben

Gordinho,

Sorry for dredging up the past. That must hurt alittle.

Ben,

I am also sorry for pain that the memory of those shoes must bring. My condolences. lol We did some foolish things back in the 70s and early 80s.

See ya guys,

Glenn