Dahmer series on Netflix

This Mindhunter sounds like the good stuff. Gotta remember to check that out.

2 Likes

Leaving us with the BTK tease was just cruel! Need more.

2 Likes

& the Gacy tease for season 3.

2 Likes

Gacy tease in episode 10 of Dahmer

1 Like

Oh im gonna grab a bite to eat and watch this

1 Like

You’re lucky that you get to watch it for the first time.

4 Likes

Ive taken out a bunch of meat and im letting it all sit out on my coffee table for a few days so i can rewatch it.

8 Likes

The Simpsons Eating GIF by AniDom

5 Likes

Did anyone else think that the dramatization parts of the series were heavily skewed towards whitey being bad?

There’s the scene on the bus where young Dahmer is sitting in his seat and sees two white kids throwing things at a black kid. It’s the only thing that happens before he gets off the bus.

All the police cheer the 2 cops who returned the Laotian boy to Dahmer when they are re-hired except the only black cop in the room, who looks on in disgust.

The police officers who let Dahmer take the Laotian boy did not win officer of the year. In the series, there is a huge celebration for them.

When they first show the black neighbor in her apartment, in the background there is news story about 5 white cops beating a black officer. That never happened.

Jesse Jackson is depicted as a crusader for justice who is willing to fight every fight for the little guy.

The scene where the white kids were taking pictures and posing in front of the building never happened. In the show, the young black woman told the white kids they need to be more respectful and broke their camera. The police came, we’re rude to the black woman, and arrested her.

19 Likes

3 Likes

Good series, very creepy. Interesting doing a serial killer series that has a lot from the victims point of views, as well as his fathers.

Watched the first ep today. Even Petersburg is scarier than the real Dahmer. Dude kills it.

3 Likes

Pun intended?

1 Like

I did a little research after watching and noticed your points. If I’d known those facts before watching i probably wouldn’t have thought it was as good as it was. At least they didn’t shove it down our throats the entire time i guess

Yeah even the first episode had hints of that racial element to it. “You let him kill us” or something.

Was it true that the neighbor called the cops many times but they never came to investigate?

2 Likes

The main black woman from the series is a combination of 2 people. The woman (Cleveland) from the show didn’t live next to him or complain about the smell. She lived in the building next door. She did see the Laotian kid incident and did complain, including to the FBI. Dahmer was captured something like 2 months later, so it couldn’t have been hundreds of times.

The neighbor was a woman named Pamela Bass. She complained about the smell, but I don’t know if she called the police. I also don’t know if anyone actually heard screams coming from the unit.

In the show, of course, the same person hears screams, complains about the smell, sees the incident with the Laotian kid and calls “hundreds of times.”

3 Likes

BTW, Jeff’s father and his second wife are still alive. His mother died of breast cancer.

His brother changed his last name and hasn’t been heard from.

3 Likes

I watched the 1st episode. If it doesn’t touch on his upbringing later, you guys should watch My Friend Dahmer. It shows where he came from and how he developed into what he became.

5 Likes

Award worthy performance imo. Not sure if you can get one playing such an f’d up person though.

4 Likes