Damn, I know several people who died from Covid...

im not partaking i  much of the Covid threads here lately or oaying attn to news reports, numbers, debates, etc....

But i already know of 4 people that died from this covid shit.  And another half dozen or so people who lost a close family member to it

What about you guys?

Id say keep politics out of this thread, but who knows

1 Like

In Limbo - 

im not partaking i  much of the Covid threads here lately or oaying attn to news reports, numbers, debates, etc....

But i already know of 4 people that died from this covid shit.  And another half dozen or so people who lost a close family member to it

What about you guys?

likely 2 of them died from something else

6 Likes

I know a few who got it pretty good (CO). My sisters neighbor (NJ) died. That’s it though. 

In Limbo - 

What about you guys?

All 4 were young and healthy?

Adrian Street -
In Limbo - 

What about you guys?

likely 2 of them died from something else

All 4 were on ventilators for weeks

No one yet but i don't do Facebook, so maybe I just haven't heard the news

1 Like

forumnewb -
In Limbo - 

What about you guys?

All 4 were young and healthy?

1 was early 50s, overweight

1 was late 30s gym rat type woman...not sure if she had issues

1 was late 60s woman...unsure of any issues

1 was late 40s guy....i wouldnt consider him obese but a little heavyish, but athletic former college athlete

Either which way, if they had issues or not, pretty fucking scary to think that their deaths are directly related to a certain virus

Ive never had a flu season where a bunch of people i knew died bc of the fku or underlying complications

if you live in the nyc metro area, chances are you know somebody. I don't know anybody who even has it. the closest thing is my aide has a sister who lives in nyc and got it--I actually did meet her once, so I guess you could say i know her. We are 6 hours from the city.  She is doing very well, fwiw. Very, very mild. Healthy lady in her 50s. 

I don't know anyone who even has is.  Ive not even talked to anyone who knows anyone that has it.  That's not to say there aren't cases going undiagnosed.  But I live in a small town.  Where are you if you don't mind me asking?

This thread will get ugly. Sorry to hear about those that passed. 

2 Likes

I don’t know anyone who has even been diagnosed, but I live in a very low density area, so that’s pretty much to be expected. I think there’s like 100 cases in the whole province, plus we’re not expected to peak for a while, which is weird because we’ve been on lockdown for three weeks now. 

Yes i am in the NYC area

Glad to hear this is not the norm for people in other areas

Pretty sure that most people in my area know a few people who not only got covid, but died from it

I also deal w nurses and doctors on a daily basis and hear stories from them as well

In Limbo -

Yes i am in the NYC area

Pretty sure that most people in my area know a few people who not only got covid, but died from it

I also deal w nurses and doctors on a daily basis and hear stories from them as well

Honestly, it is bad in the city. no denying. People who are in or near the city, seeing everything there, should avoid talking about policy for the rest of the country. (not being snarky) Decisions should be made on a very local level, and in many cases they are. In many cases they are not. Hope this starts to resolve itself soon. Sorry for what you're going through op. 

We just had it hit my company.

One employee tested positive. Now we have two departments shut down, with all employees in those departments going to self-quarantine and 3 supervisors.

Before that, we had two other employees under self quarantine because they had family members that were exposed to it at their jobs. 

Do you work in healthcare? That seems to be the only place that has any decent concentration of fatalities of younger people like that where you could actually know 4 people who have died. 

Statistically speaking you'd have to know at least 4,000 infected people if this was just general public. But obvs healthcare workers have been affected at different rate. 

Jayn200 -

Do you work in healthcare? That seems to be the only place that has any decent concentration of fatalities of younger people like that where you could actually know 4 people who have died. 

Statistically speaking you'd have to know at least 4,000 infected people if this was just general public. But obvs healthcare workers have been affected at different rate. 

im not in healthcare, but i deal w healthcare people everyday

But these 4 people i know are not related to healthcare at all.  3 were clients of mine...so i do know and speak with a rather large group of people....more than the avg person for sure and im in  NYC metro area in NJ

I'm Sorry Limbo. 

In Limbo - 

Yes i am in the NYC area

How is it possible to practice social distancing in NYC?

forumnewb -
In Limbo - 

Yes i am in the NYC area

How is it possible to practice social distancing in NYC?

im actually in north NJ 10 miles from NYC, thankfully

I cant imagine what life is like in NYC