DAMN SON! Sugar Ray was a BEAST (VID)

What song is that? Phone Post 3.0

Dominique Robinson - What song is that? Phone Post 3.0
Crystallised by The XX Phone Post 3.0

The violence is beautiful. Thanks again for the video. Phone Post 3.0

It's crazy to think the greatest boxer that will ever exist fought over 60 years ago. I can't think of any other sport where the greatest has less of a chance of being surpassed than in boxing. I love him punching to the body with fists out of the clinch like a madman. He was simply born to do it.

Great highlight.

in for after work

Subbbbd Phone Post

TzTinkle - It's crazy to think the greatest boxer that will ever exist fought over 60 years ago. I can't think of any other sport where the greatest has less of a chance of being surpassed than in boxing. I love him punching to the body with fists out of the clinch like a madman. He was simply born to do it.
To think of it that was is truly impressive. The level in all sports goes up and he was crushing people. Wold Beater status. Phone Post 3.0

One of the goats Phone Post 3.0

. Phone Post

Whoever enhanced that film did a great job, amazing quality.

Good to see somebody discovering the "legit old school". That man was one of the greatest ever!! Phone Post 3.0

I'm glad people who only have heard of him are getting to see what he was about. There is a reason boxing historians say he was the greatest. He was knocking guys dead with a lead hook before Roy Jones was every even conceived. He was the total package, and would have been every bit as devistating today as he was back then. Modern science and training techniques would have developed him into a unbeatable fighter.

As a boxing noob- thank you for posting this. Love it.

slowdiver - 
whoabro - Not very knowledgeable about boxing so id never actually watched his fights but damn!! He looks to me kind of wild and reckless but makes up for it with insane athleticism like prime RJJ-- is that a fair comparison or am i outing myself as a boxing noob? Phone Post 3.0

Don't worry about what the local historians say bud. You're a combat fan, and it is totally cool to just geek out at a highlight reel like that. high five!

I have seen very little footage of Ray. Clearly both hands were very heavy. A couple times I had to rewind to make sure I saw that left fly as fast as it did. Can anyone tell me about his defense? Didn't see much in this vid, but his face looked pretty worn. Was he slick or a tank?

His defense wasn't the greatest. Definitely not bad at all but he was hittable. Thing is he had a great chin and a great sense of distance so he moved in and out of range very well with his fast feet. He was cracked quite a bit though, he just took it like a champ.

boxing wiz - I'm glad people who only have heard of him are getting to see what he was about. There is a reason boxing historians say he was the greatest. He was knocking guys dead with a lead hook before Roy Jones was every even conceived. He was the total package, and would have been every bit as devistating today as he was back then. Modern science and training techniques would have developed him into a unbeatable fighter.
He literally did knock someone dead with a left hook didn't he? Jimmy Doyle I think his name was.

I always heard people talk about SRR as being the GOAT but I kind of shrugged it off cos of how long ago he fought.

Its only recently after taking the time to watch a few of his fights and seeing how many titles he won that I realized how great he really was. He wasn't just a great boxer but he was a true champion and avenged most of his losses. Definitely the GOAT imo. Phone Post 3.0

boxing wiz - I'm glad people who only have heard of him are getting to see what he was about. There is a reason boxing historians say he was the greatest. He was knocking guys dead with a lead hook before Roy Jones was every even conceived. He was the total package, and would have been every bit as devistating today as he was back then. Modern science and training techniques would have developed him into a unbeatable fighter.

this^ a 5'11 welter with that type of speed and power with either hand and fluidity of movement, combined with a killer instinct and beyond solid chin would be a nightmare for todays guys who are all essentially lightweights and jr welters fighting up. floyd, bradley, marquez, manny are very small guys for the class.

Anyone can be beat

The heat beat Ray that fight, not Maxim. When the ref is TKO's in the 11th due to exhaustion, you know it was a tough day at the office. Ray succumb to the heat a few minutes later, in a fight he was way ahead. Ray also weighed under 150 Lbs fighting for the 175lbs title.

That video gave me goosebumps. Awesome thread OP, VTFU! Phone Post 3.0