Damn @ this Royce Gracie record

Not even counting all the wins for Gracie BJJ.

He certainly knew how to eat a punch.

As in he would take some shots in order to get it onto the ground.

crowbar - I believe Tank was responsible for two rule changes.

Like a boss.......

I mean this with all due respect to Royce, but the sport has changed so much from then to now that it's almost crazy to compare what happened back then to what happens now.

It's like when people talk about baseball pitchers stats from back in the day. It's just not really relevant anymore. 

Perspective. How does it work? Phone Post

Royce is the reason the sport has changed.

Chicken salad right there Phone Post

garrote -
LayNprayNINJA -
garrote -  Royce Gracie.........Gracie Phone Post

Genuine LMFAO when I read this it was in his voice instinctually.

It drives my GF nuts when I do that during every event we watch......

Haha I do the same thing Phone Post

I'm in a bad mood, but that lightened it a bit. Thank you guys. Phone Post

Kliquid - I mean this with all due respect to Royce, but the sport has changed so much from then to now that it's almost crazy to compare what happened back then to what happens now.

It's like when people talk about baseball pitchers stats from back in the day. It's just not really relevant anymore. 

NOT true...

Anyone could have started their own martial art and challenged the world...

But it was the Gracie's.

You can't punish someone because "they knew GJJ and the other guys did not".

Thats bull shit. All the rest of the fighters could have come up with their own way of fighting.... they all could have come up with the most effective ground fighting system.

But they did not

All the other fighters in the UFC thought that their art was the best...

Pat Smith could have shown the world why TKD is the greatest... but he did'nt

Shamrock could have shown the world what true grappling is about... but he was SHOCKED AS SHIT after that fight with Royce.... it was like he saw bigfoot.

jkd4200 - 
Kliquid - I mean this with all due respect to Royce, but the sport has changed so much from then to now that it's almost crazy to compare what happened back then to what happens now.

NOT true...

Anyone could have started their own martial art and challenged the world...

But it was the Gracie's.

You can't punish someone because "they knew GJJ and the other guys did not".

Thats bull shit. All the rest of the fighters could have come up with their own way of fighting.... they all could have come up with the most effective ground fighting system.

But they did not
I'm not trying to say he didn't do what he did. He dominated. 

But we're talking about guys who weren't even full-time fighters back then. That's the comparison I'm making when it comes to baseball. It's just not the same sport. It's really hardly even close. 

I'm a Royce Gracie purple belt and I support this thread Phone Post