Dana @209 Scrum: "Shaddup about Money Fights"

tenchu - Dana is correct.

AAAAND STILLLL!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO

Hope that didn't ruin your Klan meeting tonight, lmao

tenchu - Dana is correct.

Good for the fighters!! Forget the stupid title, it seems like everyone gets one..... MAKE THAT MONEY!

Dana is the one making money fights as opposed to giving the highest ranked contender a shot. 

How dare him say this right after he gives GSP a title shot in a division he never fought in, and after a three year lay off. 

Saltine American - 

Dana is the one making money fights as opposed to giving the highest ranked contender a shot. 

How dare him say this right after he gives GSP a title shot in a division he never fought in, and after a three year lay off. 

couldnt have said it better myself

Saltine American -

Ya but you are missing the point of what he is saying.

If you want a money fight, make sure you sell ppv's before asking for one. GSP sells ppv's.

Whambo -
NEWSFLASH - 
tenchu - Dana is correct.

He is this time.

As much as everyone wants a money fight since Conor, they first have to be at least 50% of a money fight.

Conor created his wealth by his antics and fighting backing them up.

These other guys (Bisping, Woodley) are nowhere close. Defend your fucking division for awhile, get more famous, then they can talk money fights. Fuck this "just won the belt - want only money fights" bullshit.

uhh Bisping got the money fight, so his antics worked...

He's now fighting a beefed up WW who's been off for 3 years instead of an absolute savage at 185.

You think bisping somehow created the gsp fight? He got this fight because Georges wants to take his belt, it had nothing to do with any antics of bisping other than holding the title.

Dana made the bed now sleep in it. Treat them like contractors with little to know benefits of being an independent contractor and shit like this will happen

da Vinci 81 - 
Whambo -
NEWSFLASH - 
tenchu - Dana is correct.

He is this time.

As much as everyone wants a money fight since Conor, they first have to be at least 50% of a money fight.

Conor created his wealth by his antics and fighting backing them up.

These other guys (Bisping, Woodley) are nowhere close. Defend your fucking division for awhile, get more famous, then they can talk money fights. Fuck this "just won the belt - want only money fights" bullshit.

uhh Bisping got the money fight, so his antics worked...

He's now fighting a beefed up WW who's been off for 3 years instead of an absolute savage at 185.

You think bisping somehow created the gsp fight? He got this fight because Georges wants to take his belt, it had nothing to do with any antics of bisping other than holding the title.

Bisping was specifically mentioned in the post I quoted as an example of someone chasing a money fight, but isn't worthy, and here he is in a money fight... that was my point.

As for the fight itself, well when Dana announced the fight on TSN he wasn't exactly super enthusiastic about the fight, he basically said Bisping wanted it and GSP wanted it so he made it. I believe he wanted the Romero fight which is why he feels inclined to "take care of him". I haven't gotten the sense of a champion being that afraid of a specific challenger (Romero) since Tito was ducking Chuck, so yes I believe Bisping played a large part in creating the fight. If he asked for Romero that fight would be happening instead imo.

If you want money fights, make yourself the money fight.