Dana calls UFC 166 best card ever

Ariel Helwani @arielhelwani 4m
Dana told me in our post-fight intv that this was the best card ever. Last time I recall him saying that was UFC 116. Do you agree with him? Phone Post 3.0

Calling stuff the best ever is mostly because you are in the moment.

But this was an awesome card.

Chris27 -

Calling stuff the best ever is mostly because you are in the moment.

But this was an awesome card.

Exactly. Very entertaining card but same could be said for others. Phone Post 3.0

The Gil/Diego fight was a tough...TOUGH fight to follow!

If  only the war gods would have made it a five rounder.

It was a fantastic card, one of the best in a long time.

dannyapodaca - Dana is an idiot Phone Post

True, but I just called hell and Santa answered the phone. Phone Post

One of the best ever ! Phone Post 3.0

Not best ever but it was a great night definitely Phone Post 3.0

I just don't see it, but great everybody else thought so highly and enjoyed the night.

Main event was too one sided and went 10 minutes too long. JDS took ridiculous abuse, fought a horrible fight from the start and gassed in the first round.

Co-main was okay, but again a mismatch, a rinse wash repeat situation. A big fat heavyweight sucking wind and whiffing overhand rights is not too exciting to me. Roy can be fun when he wins, but when he's outgunned it's just ugly. Cormier also disappointed me a little.

Sanchez Melendez was exciting. Not pretty, but fun.

It was great seeing Gonzaga win, but it wasn't a very relevant fight. 3 HW fights on the main card is one or two too many for my taste.

Dodson fight went as predicted. A newcomer having his first fight on the main card of a big PPV against a guy who had the champ in serious trouble in his last fight is another mismatch. His opponent was a lamb sent to the slaughter. It was entertaining, but just not great.

Overall it was a good card, but I'll quickly forget it.

I'd rate FS1 1, 162, 164 and I'm sure others, higher. To each his own. Phone Post 3.0

I rate 116 higher.

Two big come from behind wins with dramatic fashion from Leben and Lesnar.

A great action tilt between Stephan and Krysztof.

Tonight?

Dodson was a walk.

Gonzaga was a walk.

Cormier did as expected in a walk.

Melendez won easily even though Diego was game and it was entertaining. Still an easy call to give it to Gil.

Main event was a one sided beating yet again. JDS may be the number 2 but the margin between 1 and 2 is wider than ever.

There was no drama save for maybe a moment in round 3 of Gil-Diego.

Eye-Kaufman put on a good fight for sure which adds to the night but in my opinion the decision was wrong.

116 had a mega fight that delivered, Chris Leben winning his 2nd in 2 weeks in amazing fashion and a war between Bonnar and Krysztof.

Tonight all the favorites won with ease.

116 over tonight with 100 over them all.

But tonight was fun and delivered in spades on its promise. Phone Post

I think Dana is very pleased now that Cain has remained champ, certainly has something to do with his happiness. I saw a few tables of just Mexican men at bdubs there supporting Cain. Phone Post 3.0

Definitely a great card and exciting.

Hate the "best...ever" title being used for anything though.

This card made me realize I'm not really that much of an MMA fan anymore. None of these fights meant anything to me. Phone Post 3.0

Dana should be giving Joe Silva card of the night bonus!

Great fight's in general!
Disappointed with Cormier though?

It was a very very good card. I don't recall the last time I stood up and yelled at the tv (when Diego knocked down Melendez).

Best ever? I don't know, but it's clearly up there among them Phone Post

So are you, shit fucker. Phone Post 3.0

UFC 139 was better but this was an outstanding card Phone Post 3.0

diggity -
So are you, shit fucker. Phone Post 3.0
Hi dana Phone Post 3.0

JeffersonDArcyChoke - I rate 116 higher.

Two big come from behind wins with dramatic fashion from Leben and Lesnar.

A great action tilt between Stephan and Krysztof.

Tonight?

Dodson was a walk.

Gonzaga was a walk.

Cormier did as expected in a walk.

Melendez won easily even though Diego was game and it was entertaining. Still an easy call to give it to Gil.

Main event was a one sided beating yet again. JDS may be the number 2 but the margin between 1 and 2 is wider than ever.

There was no drama save for maybe a moment in round 3 of Gil-Diego.

Eye-Kaufman put on a good fight for sure which adds to the night but in my opinion the decision was wrong.

116 had a mega fight that delivered, Chris Leben winning his 2nd in 2 weeks in amazing fashion and a war between Bonnar and Krysztof.

Tonight all the favorites won with ease.

116 over tonight with 100 over them all.

But tonight was fun and delivered in spades on its promise. Phone Post

Only dispute I have with your post is Gonzaga was almost a 2-1 underdog. Phone Post