Dana causing Dan to leave the UFC in 09

= LOL to me, because he didn't want to pay him so much, yet then Dan goes on to win the Strikeforce light heavyweight belt and knock out the world's heavyweight goat. Now his stock and value is probably double. Ha ha ha! Phone Post

Not a bad thing. Dana didn't really know what to do with him anyway, so now he has a much more marketable fighter. A 185 Iber who beat Fedor and now despite his age a current champion.

Dana wins. Phone Post

The split didn't happen on bad terms. SF overpaid for Dan, and Dana was on the record as saying he didn't want it to happen. Not an acrimonious split.

They both win. Dana gets more money now promoting the Hendo/JBJ fight which means Dan is probably getting more too. Phone Post

Not sure where the 85k figure cave from. I thought Dan had one of those pride contract rates coming over and was around 150k like Wand, Shogun, etc. Phone Post

Lets see what the ppv views are before we say his stock has went up. Phone Post

Hysterical that UFC were so tight they let one of the greatest fighters in the history of the sport go to a rival organisation.

Hendo was making way more money than he was worth to Strikeforce. Same with Fedor.

They were just getting paid way too much for each fight for how much money Strikeforce was making off of their fights. That is why they were struggling so much and needed a buyer, which ended up being Zuffa Phone Post

The Mammoth - Not a bad thing. Dana didn't really know what to do with him anyway, so now he has a much more marketable fighter. A 185 Iber who beat Fedor and now despite his age a current champion.

Dana wins. Phone Post

Didn't know what to do with him? He was the number 1 contender for Anderson Silva when he left the UFC. Phone Post

Money was a big part of it, but I thought the whole thing got started when Dana had stated on numerous occasions that the winner of Hendo/Bisping would get the next MW title shot. Dana had all his eggs in Bisping's basket until Hendo threw a wrench into this hope by delivering one of the greatest KO's of all time.

Then Dana suddenly says the Hendo/Bisping winner wasn't going to get the title shot, despite Hendo winning in the most convincing fashion imaginable.

I thought this is what started the whole "looking at leaving" idea, in addition to the gap in money Strikeforce ended up offering vs. UFC.

The Mammoth - Not a bad thing. Dana didn't really know what to do with him anyway, so now he has a much more marketable fighter. A 185 Iber who beat Fedor and now despite his age a current champion.

Dana wins. Phone Post

This. Worked out awesome for both parties Phone Post