Dana: Chael did not know; was with girlfriends dad

From UFC 151 conference call:

Todd Grisham, ESPN:

"Was there an inkling that Dan might not be able to perform and someone tipped Chael off -- like, hey there's a slight chance you could be in this fight, maybe start burning some press up about it?"

Dana:

"Not at all. Not even a little bit because even when I called Chael, I had to track him down. I guess his girlfriend's father had a stroke and he was where that guy lives. Fighting Jon Jones was the last thing on his mind; it blew him away when I called." Phone Post

Well there you go--that settles it lol

Has Chael talked about anything but fighting Jones over the last two weeks?

"I had to track him down" ~dana

translation ~ I called his cell phone

This is a bizarre reply. Is Dana suggesting he was personally healing her father's brain damage or something, and was too busy to get a call or email from Hendo or his camp?

So Chael wasnt helping Dan with training for Jones in the past few weeks and had no idea that Dan was hurt at all or even aching prior to the announcement?

"his girlfriend's husband had a stroke"

"I mean girlfriend's dad"

LOL

ghost842 - "his girlfriend's husband had a stroke"

"I mean girlfriend's dad"

LOL

Lol! Yeah, I didn't put that gaffe in because it didn't pertain to the statement but very funny faux pas nonetheless. Phone Post

need pics of the girlfriend for proof.

Right Hand JO Power -  need pics of the girlfriend for proof.

Yes, that is a must to believe...

factoryfeel - "I had to track him down" ~dana

LOL.

Dana:

"Fighting Jon Jones was the last thing on his mind; it blew him away when I called." Phone Post

Yeah, that's why he spent the entire previous week taunting Jones on Twitter.   

factoryfeel - "I had to track him down" ~dana

+1

LilBrockonmychest -  Damn dude....What's with the Jones obsession?  Not liking a certain fighter is understandable but put the laptop down cheif.

Thread Creator:  Alpha World Peace (nearly all in the past 24 hours)

Dana: Chael told me Jon is a mental midget

Jones' publicist quit last week due 2 his attitude

Attn Kirik: Can you move my Hendo thread back?

Bisping: Jon Jones will never live this down

The Collected Wisdom of Jon Jones: August Edition

Old school fighter who always fought short notice

DFW: Jon Jones knew the card would be cancelled

Ariel: Silva offered to fight Jon Jones

UFC 151 fighters discuss having fights cancelled

Should Jones fire Malki and Greg or fire both?

Ariel: Jon Jones' deal worth 20k/year

his hate is something to be admired

Kimbos Bread - 
LilBrockonmychest -  Damn dude....What's with the Jones obsession?  Not liking a certain fighter is understandable but put the laptop down cheif.

Well thank ya, LOL (at myself).

I won't deny I'm not a fan of Malki Kawa, Jon Jones, or Greg Jackson. I see them all as very fake human beings. I don't like Greg's gameplans taking away from the sport that I have loved for years. Don't like Malki...can't pinpoin why. And I admire Jon's fighting ability to a very high degree. But I can't root for him as a person.

If you notice, the vast majority of those threads are informational. Most have tons of views and posts and are a result of (in one case) a scoop I got or quotes that were published but hadn't made it to the board. I'm not sitting here trying to troll (outside of possibly the Collected Wisdom of Jon Jones: August Edition).

To those who are troubled, here are pics of Chael's girlfriend to make up for my volume of threads:

http://i46.tinypic.com/2ijlwmf.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-NAzx3KLKH54/T6vDhlAhpdI/AAAAAAAABUA/szq-FW9bySg/s1600/398887_10150445921440784_535840783_8828959_2137619936_n.jpg

http://cdn2.cagepotato.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Sonnen_girls.jpg

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/251885/578965_334147523317197_249019455163338_851447_410656523_n.jpg

And also, the world's smallest bikini on Chael's previous girlfriend

http://images.fieroforum.com/pffimages/small_bikini_1pip.jpg

lucky girls (except for the stroke part)

Damn...Chael smashes nice poon

Alpha World Peace - 
Kimbos Bread - 

Well thank ya, LOL (at myself).

I won't deny I'm not a fan of Malki Kawa, Jon Jones, or Greg Jackson. I see them all as very fake human beings. I don't like Greg's gameplans taking away from the sport that I have loved for years. Don't like Malki...can't pinpoin why. And I admire Jon's fighting ability to a very high degree. But I can't root for him as a person.

If you notice, the vast majority of those threads are informational. Most have tons of views and posts and are a result of (in one case) a scoop I got or quotes that were published but hadn't made it to the board. I'm not sitting here trying to troll (outside of possibly the Collected Wisdom of Jon Jones: August Edition).

you sir have my respect and admiration. i look forward to your future threads. carry on.

LilBrockonmychest -  Fair enough Alpha but you clearly jumped the gun a couple time by trying to hate on Jones.  Even you admitted you were wrong on your "Silva Offered to fight Jones" thread and I think we can all agree that the "Jones Nike deal worth $20K" statement is incorrect.  The only source on that number has retracted his statement.

Seems you're putting too much faith in Ariel.

Well, you make a good point....the only two times I have either been flat out wrong (Silva offered to fight Jones) or making a thread on something questionable in Jones making 20k upfront (still possible), Ariel has been the source.

Perhaps Ariel's mind has been elsewhere. Maybe related to his 20k signing with Vivid he recently announced.