Dana: Conor/Dustin not for title, Khabib to return

I'm shocked Dana didn't immediately jump all over the opportunity to put Conor in a title fight, the second Khabib announced his retirement. Whether Khabib is actually retired or not, a few years ago they would have given Conor anything.

Gartlin -
Morgz -
Gartlin -
luctaro -
bungee up -
Whambo -

Dana is so weird. Hes found any excuse to give out interim belts in the past including having them when the champ is scheduled to fight just months later. In this case the champ has actually retired with no plans for a future bout and he wont use an interim belt. 

Must have something to do with money I'm guessing.  They'll get PPV points but it must have something else to do with it. Like negoting for a fight as opposed to a title fight 

Is about power. He is having issues with Conor and doesnt want him going around with a belt doing whatever for another year.

If he makes the Conor-khabib money fight then yeah sure, but if not why risk it.

Maybe it's because he thinks that if Conor gets the title again, he will disappear. 

Like Khabib retiring?

Did Khabib retire after he got the belt? Did Khabib actually defend his belt? 

Not really where I was going with that. No, of course not. 

Only one person left for Khabib and that's Tony. We all know it.

Khabib slaughtered everyone. No rematch makes sense,he is streaks ahead of everyone. Gsp or usman should be number 30.

Wahhh what about momma...time lessens the pain of death. Khabib and mumsy will heal and he will fight again.

1 Like
Morgz -
Gartlin -
Morgz -
Gartlin -
luctaro -
bungee up -
Whambo -

Dana is so weird. Hes found any excuse to give out interim belts in the past including having them when the champ is scheduled to fight just months later. In this case the champ has actually retired with no plans for a future bout and he wont use an interim belt. 

Must have something to do with money I'm guessing.  They'll get PPV points but it must have something else to do with it. Like negoting for a fight as opposed to a title fight 

Is about power. He is having issues with Conor and doesnt want him going around with a belt doing whatever for another year.

If he makes the Conor-khabib money fight then yeah sure, but if not why risk it.

Maybe it's because he thinks that if Conor gets the title again, he will disappear. 

Like Khabib retiring?

Did Khabib retire after he got the belt? Did Khabib actually defend his belt? 

Not really where I was going with that. No, of course not. 

What I was saying was that by not giving Conor an immediate title shot he would have more incentive to fight more than once. If he gets a title right away there's a good chance he's gone again. Less if he just gets a W.